Waze is causing my phone to reboot

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 on T-Mobile. I have been trying Waze since it launched and one thing I noticed is that after I am done using it my phone silently reboots 2 to 4 hours after running the app. I did an experiment and didn't run Waze for 3 days and use Here Drive+ plus like I used to and my phone stayed running just fine. My normal usage is to get in the car and the phone connects to Bluetooth. I start some music or podcasts and then launch the Waze app. When I get to work or home I exit Waze and when my Bluetooth in my car disconnects its stops the music.

I set the phone on a table and then the white T-Mobile splash screen catches my eye 2 - 4 hours later which means the phone rebooted. Can't figure out why it does the only after Waze runs.

Has anyone else experienced problems with unexpected phone reboots after they started to use Waze?

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have removed and reinstalled Waze. When I ran Adroid 3 years ago Waze's #1 issue with me was the corruption of the local route/map cache. But this didn't do anything to stop the crashing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon