Is there a GPS navigation app for bicycles?

Racer_Rob

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
There's only 2 things I'm looking for in a bicycle navigation app:

1. The ability to program my own route waypoints (because I want to avoid major roads, which isn't normally the fastest or shortest route)
  2. Voice guidance
...but as far as I can see, such an app doesn't exist!

On my old Nokia 5800 I could create a route using Nokia Maps online then sync this with my phone. I could then put one headphone in and cycle while being voice guided. However, with my new Nokia Lumia 520 it's not possible to sync it with Nokia Maps for some unknown reason. I wondered if anyone knows of an app which would allow me to do what I always used to be able to! Thanks :)

Mott Smith

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same thing on my wish list. Google Maps for Android and iPhone does this nicely. Gmaps for Windows Phone will pull bicycle routes from Google, but, as far as I can tell, won't do turn by turn nav for bike.

Manel Fera

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Try NaviComputer! It's a very good GPS tracking app! It doesn't have voice guidance but maybe you could ask for it to the devs!
Edit: This app is completely free and let you download maps to use offline!

Last edited:

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
There's only 2 things I'm looking for in a bicycle navigation app:

1. The ability to program my own route waypoints (because I want to avoid major roads, which isn't normally the fastest or shortest route)
  2. Voice guidance
...but as far as I can see, such an app doesn't exist!

On my old Nokia 5800 I could create a route using Nokia Maps online then sync this with my phone. I could then put one headphone in and cycle while being voice guided. However, with my new Nokia Lumia 520 it's not possible to sync it with Nokia Maps for some unknown reason. I wondered if anyone knows of an app which would allow me to do what I always used to be able to! Thanks :)

get 10,000 of your closest friends to ping Osmand with a request for a wp client.

Osmand apes they best that Google and Microsoft/Nokia have to offer, for free, and totally offline.

cyrilthemilkman

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Bumping this up, I too am after this functionality somewhere, I create a lot of routes via strava (and while there isn't a strava app), and have to try and remember the route in my head, this has caused me to get a bit lost!!! If I can get an app that will give me voice guidance to each waypoint under lockscreen that would be amazing as I don't want to have my phone running all the time draining the already fragile battery!!!

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss