Spotify vs. Beats Music

josephgerth

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering what people's opinions are regarding the newly released Beat Music App for Windows Phone, especially in relation to Spotify.

I've been a premium Spotify customer for over a year now, and I love the service; it's downright brilliant and works perfectly on desktop Windows, iOS, and OS X. The Windows Phone 8 app, however, is pretty bad. It's slow, has no radio, is difficult to navigate, and has a few glitches. It also seems like Spotify is entirely uninterested in updating the app, fixing any bugs or adding any features.
I'm also interested to know how well (if at all) Beats Music works with Ford Sync.

I'm in no rush to switch, since Spotify gets the job done. However, I'd love to have a more usable experience, and it seems like Beats Music has a lot of potential.

I'd also be interested to hear about Xbox music... although it's unlikely I'll be subscribing to that on account of the fact that they don't have an OS X app (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Im like you, have been using spotify for a long time (2-3 years), but as you've mentioned the app is horrible. But just to get the facts straight haha, Spotify has not made an app for wp, seems like they hate it! The spotify app in store is made by some guys at microsoft... That reason alone is good enough for not supporting spotify, because we are paying for premium subscription to have it on our phone, BUT they don't even make an app for third largest mobile os. But even though, spotify is the best service I've tried so far, except from the app.

I have tried multiple streaming services, in the hope of finding a better one.
- Rdio, the app looks great for wp and it works, but I just didn't like it.
- Xbox music, but again it wasn't quiet the thing I wanted. I love the desktop app for xbox music, but the phone app wasn't good enough. Then they released the new stand alone app, it became much better, but for me the UI is important, the app have to look good for me to use it haha. (They don't have a app for OS X is far as I know, but they have the internet app)
- Deezer, might be the best of these three compared to spotify. I actually used it for about 3-4 months. There was even a service to convert spotify playlist to deezer! The app looked GREAT! and it worked. Had a few bugs tho'. The biggest problem was the "desktop" app was a browser app. The one thing I missed was the social with spotify

But when they announced beats, I was stoked! Because the idea behind it and the app looked great! But I live outside US, but somehow I managed to create an account, download the app and register my credit card. So I now how Beats! And I have to say I love it!

It takes the best from Spotify and Deezer and mash it into one great app with even more features. Thea app looks amazing! Of course there's a few glitches here and there, and the whole experience can be a bit slow/sluggish. But I guess that will be fixed after an update or two.

Beats is more based on finding music you like. When you first open the app you have to choose some artists you like and genres. And every time you play a song or the app plays a song through radio, you have the ability to either "love" or "hate" song. The app learns your music taste!

So beside being a social app where you follow artist, other peoples playlist and share you playlist. It is also a very personal app that learns your taste in music. You can also choose your own cover art for playlist (I loved that feature from deezer) and your profile cover art etc. It just makes the whole experience more personal.

The one feature I really loved was the Sentence (aka. the radio).

Summary:
Beats got everything Spotify got, and even more. The app looks so much better. But right now, since it's the first update, the app is a bit slow. I have stopped my spotify subscription! :-o
The only thing I miss is adding local mp3 to the app and also a desktop app. The internet app works, but isn't that great.
You should try all of them, most of them have a trial. But I think you will find Beats the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes