05-01-2015 09:10 AM
33 12
tools
    Hi All, can anyone recommend a good app to wirelessly print photos and documents directly from my lumia 1520 to a wireless printer (hp in this case) or is this a feature already built into windows phone 8 that I'm just nit seeing.

I've had a quick look in the store, there doesn't seem to be many apps that deal with printing and the few that are there don't seem to be getting very good user ratings.
    02-04-2014 06:09 AM
    Printing is not supporting in Windows Phone.
    Cruel businessmen need no printer! :)
    02-04-2014 06:10 AM
    Printing isn't supported. Anyway, it's a simple process to transfer a file from a phone to a PC (like using a USB drive), anyway, so you might want to look at that alternative.
    02-04-2014 06:27 AM
    Hi All, can anyone recommend a good app to wirelessly print photos and documents directly from my lumia 1520 to a wireless printer (hp in this case) or is this a feature already built into windows phone 8 that I'm just nit seeing.

I've had a quick look in the store, there doesn't seem to be many apps that deal with printing and the few that are there don't seem to be getting very good user ratings.
    With a Microsoft account you also get SkyDrive, so your pictures will be there. For documents install CamScanner, it also has SkyDrive integration so from there you can do whatever you want. You can print, attach to emails or whatever.
    Jcmg62 likes this.
    02-04-2014 06:50 AM
    you could maybe try print by eurosmartz, at least have a look and see if it is suitable
    02-04-2014 08:08 AM
    Your HP wireless printer may have an eprint option. Meaning the printer has it's own email address. You simply email the document/photo to that email address.
    02-04-2014 08:16 AM
    Actually, I can print from my phone but I have a Brother printer and they have a WP app that allows printing directly from the phone to supported printers. I can also scan from the printer to my phone.

It is a Brother MCF-J430W printer and the app is Brother iPrint&Scan Brother iPrint&Scan | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    11B1P and Kevin Rush like this.
    02-04-2014 08:19 AM
    I can also print using HP eprint. You just email the document to the printer and it prints

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    02-04-2014 08:28 AM
    These are not the same as you print from PC. Microsoft must do something if they are intending to bring WP to enterprise users.
    Kavu2 likes this.
    02-04-2014 08:39 AM
    These are not the same as you print from PC. Microsoft must do something if they are intending to bring WP to enterprise users.
    While I agree with your statement, the hp eprint option accomplishes the same thing as having built in printing services. Of course not everybody has an HP printer.

I hope that being able to print from the document itself comes soon to Windows Phone.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    02-04-2014 08:43 AM
    I use google cloud print and kumo print/print2cloud

works OK to me
    02-04-2014 09:40 AM
    True, but at least it is an option if you need to print something while on the go.
    02-04-2014 02:03 PM
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions gents 😊
    02-04-2014 04:10 PM
    I know this doesn't help you much since you have an HP, but maybe I can help someone else that happens to stumble across this thread...if you have a Kodak wireless printer you can use the Kodak Pic Flick app to print your pictures. No documents though.
    02-04-2014 04:23 PM
    E print was also my first thought.
    I use it not only on my Wphone but also on my Droidtab.

You can ad it just like any other mailaccount in your contactlist.
    02-04-2014 09:34 PM
    It would be really helpful to see HP, cannon and the other players creating apps to support wp printing. I wonder what it would take to get these guys involved.......?
    02-06-2014 04:55 PM
    I use the brother app for my mfc 7840w only thing I don't like is that it can't print web pages or documents.
    02-06-2014 05:07 PM
    I recomend 'Print Now' - google cloud print client with support for skydrive, google drive and drop box. It prints local documents as well (but not all types, some can be printed from cloud only). For image printing 'print my photos' is good. Google cloud print is better than sending email to printer.
    02-06-2014 06:16 PM
    It would be nice if apps like KumoPrint had some ability to print just plain text than only web pages and photo selections. At least then it would be easier to copy and paste text from emails or note apps to print.
    02-07-2014 12:26 AM
    I print via wifi with PrintHand, I have a HP Ink Advantage Deskjet 4620 and works nicely, only open the app go to tab "manage printers", then "nearby Wi-fi printers" select my printer and ready to print, I can print skydrive files (pdf, xls, doc and ppt) and photos from my phone. Sometimes change the format of the document but works fine for a free app.

PrintHand | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    mastercoin and Kevin Rush like this.
    02-07-2014 02:58 AM
    There is at least the possibility to print from your mobile device to a printer attached to your PC with ThinPrint Cloud Printer. You just have to install ThinPrint Cloud Printer Connector on your PC/ MAC and define the printer where all print jobs should go to. To print documents from your phone you have to open the ThinPrint Cloud Printer app, connect with your cloud printer account and print your document to the cloud. The print job will then be sent over to your PC and to your printer.
    The Cloud Printer app is currently available for Android, iOS and Windows 8/RT. It should not be too hard to release an app also for Windows Phone.

I think if there are people who really are interested in an app for Windows Phone and show that to them, they could consider to build one, what do you think?

ThinPrint Cloud Printer - Home
    mastercoin likes this.
    02-07-2014 03:41 AM
    On Symbian, HP had a great ePrint app. I wish they would port it to WP.

One limitation with ePrint via email is that you can't have the printer "print to fit" a PDF document. Documents just print at their native size, whereas when printing from a desktop you can enlarge the printing with "print to fit." It would be fantastic if HP were to add this functionality to a WP app.
    02-07-2014 08:12 AM
    Stuff like that should be possible on any smartphone directly from the phone to the printer. No nonsense.
    02-08-2014 04:08 PM
    It would be super if we could install printer drivers for network-enabled printers to our phones, just as we do for desktop/laptop computers. And it would be even better if printer manufacturers adhered to an industry-standard driver so phone manufacturers could pre-install that basic driver on phones. I suppose something like this will happen eventually as consumers increasingly move toward smaller, mobile devices and give up laptops. We already have half-way measures like HP eprint email addresses and Google Drive-connected printers. But for non-geeks, it can be pretty hard to configure. Imagine if apps on phones had a "Print" option that was easily found by the user. Clicking on it would just print to your printer, or, if not already configured, take you to a screen where the phone would search the local wi-fi network for a viable printer and let the user click it. This would be a huge step forward for mobile computing.

I personally already have my phone set up for HP eprint, but then I'm comfortable with saving a file and then emailing it to my printer address. It's not hard to me, but for non-geek users who have just learned to install apps on their phones, setting up ePrint or Google Driver printers is a challenge.

This is a space where Microsoft could really leverage their enterprise history. Just as Windows desktop can search the MS library for appropriate drivers, their phones should do the same. It would be a big selling point for WP if users knew they could easily set up printing from their phone.
    02-09-2014 09:53 AM
    Another area where our phones are lacking. Oh well, maybe someday.
    02-09-2014 10:33 AM
33 12