Way To Play Podcasts Continuously?

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

On Xbox Podcasts and/or on Podcasts! app, does anyone know of a way to have downloaded podcasts play continuously from one episode to the next to the next without having to manually choose the next episode and hit the Play button (so it would be like playing all the songs on an entire album -- you just choose the album and let it go)? I'm thinking there must be a way to do this, but so far I haven't found it on either app.

There are plenty of times when it's a hassle to have to handle the phone just to get it to play another podcast (driving, mowing the grass, running, wearing gloves, etc.), but since some of the podcasts I subscribe to have pretty short episodes I end up having to do it a lot.

Thanks ahead for any guidance or input. I'm thinking I can't be the only person who has a need/desire to listen to more than one podcast episode in a row, so hopefully I'm just overlooking a setting somewhere.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
^^^ Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll check out the app. But if I don't want to add a third podcast app to my collection or set up all my current podcasts in a new app, does anyone have any suggestions or input on how to do what I originally asked about? Seems pretty unlikely that I'm the only person to ever want to play more than one podcast in a row.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just checking one more time. Is there really no way to play more than one podcast at a time without having to handle the device to make it manually play the next podcast. Freakin' unbelievable. :shocked: Yet another thing to hope 8.1 addresses, I guess.

panheid

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, for 99 cents Podcast Critter will ease your pain. You can set it to play the next newest/oldest episode automatically (without the need for adding to a queue). Either that or you can create custom and/or smart playlists. There's also a trial if you don't want to drop the dollar right away.

El Sparrow

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
The issue with Podcast Critter is that it will only update with the latest feed for that day, so if the show you are listening to spreads their show over multiple feeds/files then sol.
example: hour 1, hour 2, hour 3... the app will only grab hour 3 each day.

Hopefully it gets fixed, because I'm having trouble finding a replacement. I like Podcast2go, but it doesn't support paid/subscription based podcast :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon