Which unofficial YouTube app is better in Windows Phone & why?

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I wanna suggestions from all which YouTube app is better & why?
I am also confuse between these 4 YouTube app

1. Metrotube
Metrotube | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

2. Mytube
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=d994dce8-38f9-4ed3-ae6c-e334d4bd558c

3. Onetube
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=42c55eee-6f28-4bd0-a2a1-95dab3d0819c

4. Toib Beta
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=66f87831-a302-46c0-a1e6-e7d0f6d1419b

Moreover any other app you would like to add, you are welcome

Last edited:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've only used Metrotube and myTube. I liked myTube better because it allows you to play music in the background. Maybe the others do that now too, but when I started using it they didn't.

freshair

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Or you can use a developer unlock and sideload the official youtube app that as available for a hot second before getting pulled. Works best.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I rarely use YouTube on my phone, but like YouTube HD (it doesn't play in the background so not good for those who want that feature)

2tomtom

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Would suggest SuperTube. Look at the app in the store it gives over 20 features that I won't list here.

I have used this app for ages and it works smoothly and without issues on my 920.

Which ever you choose I'm sure you will find it awesome.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck between toib beta and MetroTube. I like that toib uses built-in video player, but MetroTube has more features and is friendlier.

UrielTapia

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
OneTube, since version 3 (from yesterday) it has been optimized a lot :D I've used Metrotube and MyTube and I'm definitely moving to 1Tube, when I want to download videos, I use TubeDownload, so, no problems.
MyTube is no longer the one which has audio playback suppport, OneTube does it too since last update.

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Since i don't watch many videos on my WP8 I don't know much about these youtube, but one of my friend having 920 has a query is there any app which allows downloaded videos on WP8 to be copied to computer..???? anyone plz..i persuaded him to move to WP8 and now he is behind my arse for this issue... :D

Maligno

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, can anyone tell me wich app allows to watch videos with subtitles. I saw that in a android of a friend and he can activate them...

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Which apps will play the videos in the background?

I'm planning on grabbing a Nokia Icon when one of my kids contracts are up in two months and right now I've been using Viral Player in my Android which lets me reduce the player into a movable window, play while the screen is off etc.

I listen to some longer news type videos on youtube and need to be able to go to other apps like facebook or messaging without the video stopping so I can continue listening to it.

I have Windows 8.1 in my Surface RT Tablet and in my PC but I usually just use youtube in the browser in those which can play in a spilt screen.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Which apps will play the videos in the background?

I'm planning on grabbing a Nokia Icon when one of my kids contracts are up in two months and right now I've been using Viral Player in my Android which lets me reduce the player into a movable window, play while the screen is off etc.

I listen to some longer news type videos on youtube and need to be able to go to other apps like facebook or messaging without the video stopping so I can continue listening to it.

I have Windows 8.1 in my Surface RT Tablet and in my PC but I usually just use youtube in the browser in those which can play in a spilt screen.
mytube will let you continue to listen to the video. The option is in the settings for the app.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.
I got the icon a week ago and wow those apps are great.
I'm starting to favor mytube.
It handles my subscriptions well and I can choose video or audio only playback.
The audio playback works in the background which is what I wanted. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenneatler