Whatsapp is ruining WP market

Status
Not open for further replies.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate the idea of Whatsapp / MS just withdraw the app just like that from the Store, without giving a time line when the app will be fixed and published again. And what's the reason for doing? Security flaws? Adding improvements for 8.1? And to make things worse, the push notification for Whatsapp are coming from MS servers directly while the messages are from Whatsapp server. No wonder why I keep getting the Push Notification error now and then. Whatsapp is a breeze on Android / iOS, while we are always facing hiccups on Windows Phone. Confidence level for Windows Phone is really dropping even after seeing 8.1.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Then please provide the source if you have one, otherwise we have to believe our own experiences, which is that neither the WhatsApp nor WhatsApp Beta apps can be side-loaded via xap files/SDK.

And i got them both.
But forumrules states that i can not post a link that leads to illegal content.
Therefore i wont,
but if you have paid for Whatsapp then you only reclaimes what is already's yours.
So here a pointer, google or bing for "windowsphonehub"

@ Chmun77
So i guess this is not what YOU are looking for,
i give here a possibility.
But if you dont want to do some effort or troubless,
then please don't deside for the community.

vshlkmr40

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
From the days I used Lumia 610 WP7 uptil now, most of the things have changed, despite the hopelessness I discovered when I switched from android, WP8.1 as far as I can say have satisfied me and made me recommending windows to many members of my family and friends..

The only thing that has'nt changed is WhatsApp, it was an unrealiable software back then and now still is (including the Facebook and YouTube apps, but Microsoft improved most of their short comings), WhatsApp was in my experience broken on wp8.1, notifications were not timely, app was really slow to use, clearing notifications from action bar did'nt clear the tile, and many many frustrations.. Hope WhatsApp comes back, I have shifted everything to fb messenger, it's fast, reliable and a better alternative to WhatsApp, but for the new users buying Lumia 630 and noticing not having WhatsApp in store, they wil feel cheated by Nokia, & Microsoft...i don't blame people being tempted by cheaper and high spec droids...

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone has very big problem with applications. It's not only problem with whatsapp, problem is very big number of missing app. We don't have flipboard,opera,bbm(yeah, they "coming soon" from last year), Firefox, pocket, WordPress, weather underground, and many, many more. Also many apps available for wp hasn't update year or two(star chart, weather channel...). Now compare for example LinkedIn,endomondo,skype,viber for wp and versions for Android.Huge + for Android!I think that developers don't care about windows phone, they make windows phone apps just to say "hey, we have wp version", and that's it, don't care to update, improve or something like that. When I bought my phone, big cons was Microsoft Office. Now Android has also ms Office, quick office, kingsoft office, and we just have poor ms office. There are rumors that here drive will be available for Android and iPhone. Now, windows phone looks like Linux, it's safe, stable, virus proof, but nobody want it, because of app....

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
No, you better think twice before acting stupid on purpose next time.

What does that matter?

See above.

He wants it and he should be able to do it. Android, iOS and even Symbian users are able to do it. Why should WP users not be able to do it? Don't you concern yourself with the reasons. Rest assured, he most definitely knows why he wants that feature.

I'm so sick of people telling others everything is all right. This app is utter crap and it will ruin WP for sure if this doesn't get addressed ASAP.

Why don't you shut your damn mouth! His original post just mentioned sending audio which you currently can do. Sure its not as comprehensive as other platforms but he didn't state what type if audio sending he wanted. So shut the hell up!

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
If you are switching to another os, just because of one app, then have fun :) if you are then stop flaming here about whatsapp like a child, im even more happy to be with wp :)
Its not about 1 app..Most apps are either half baked or not available..You didn't get my point, I am a WP lover but really worried as people are leaving the platform. It really doesn't matter if both of us are happy with WP, Others need to be happy as well. More and more people joining the platform will make it grow..

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
His original post just mentioned sending audio which you currently can do. Sure its not as comprehensive as other platforms but he didn't state what type if audio sending he wanted. So shut the hell up!
Chill man..OK I should have made it clear at the beginning..You can record audio files and send but you cannot send any pre recorded audio files. You cannot send any songs stored in your phone via whatsapp and neither can receive and save it in your gallery from others ..Hope you get my point.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah yes, the daily "this one app is bad therefore WP is bad and Microsoft needs to take personal action to resolve any and all of my personal grievances!"

Aren't you supposed to be older than 13 to post on the forums?

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Ah yes, the daily "this one app is bad therefore WP is bad and Microsoft needs to take personal action to resolve any and all of my personal grievances!"

Aren't you supposed to be older than 13 to post on the forums?

1st Read the whole paragraph then give your suggestion.I think you are not old enough to understand what I was trying to say..

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Chill man..OK I should have made it clear at the beginning..You can record audio files and send but you cannot send any pre recorded audio files. You cannot send any songs stored in your phone via whatsapp and neither can receive and save it in your gallery from others ..Hope you get my point.

Yeah man its all groovy with you. I have no grievances with your points. What I was not happy with was the other guy throwing out a personal assault on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)