[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ankit Gondali, why u prefer windows phone, can't. U buy the lowest phone with all features. There are many companies who selling phone in ₹5000 with all feature. Which a basic phone needed.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey Ankit Gondali, why u prefer windows phone, can't. U buy the lowest phone with all features. There are many companies who selling phone in ₹5000 with all feature. Which a basic phone needed.
Even WP sell phones at 4k range with all basic features.. Taking about cheap android phones, do they receive latest OS updates, do they run as smooth as a WP device.. I bet no low range android phone would have that..

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Boy i think you have not done ur homework! Go get a beer!! By d way i nvr said i hate WP & wnts to sell my cutie L620, its just i literally hating Whatsapp ignorance on this platform ...

Just saying..WhatsApp has not ignored WP and they have been supporting WP since WP7 days. They keep updating the app with features in parity with android app(except for few small functions like multiple selection of msgs etc). WhatsApp calling feature is in works, WhatsApp web feature is already in place. So, just wait and you'll see this app getting better with each updates.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone saw the new ui of whatsapp on android? Its too good. Calling features need to be polished. Whatsapp on ios and windows will always be behind android.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I hope so :( Hey if you r using L730, can u confirm that when you open the back cover of ur phone, do u see "2 golden pin" type things near the camera & if they make noise on shaking the device? Is this normal?

Yes, I do see two small pins near Camera and those are bit loose too but don't make noticeable noise while shaking the device. I am not sure what those are and if its abnormal if those make noise or not :)

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Ppl I understand what you guys go thru when you see the amazing features for WhatsApp for android than on WP. I feel the pain but now I have learnt to live with it. Because I wonder the features that are available on android will ever come on WP for WhatsApp. It's like trying to win the lost battle. Seriously will see how win10 shapes up for us and then will decide the future course of action.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ppl I understand what you guys go thru when you see the amazing features for WhatsApp for android than on WP. I feel the pain but now I have learnt to live with it. Because I wonder the features that are available on android will ever come on WP for WhatsApp. It's like trying to win the lost battle. Seriously will see how win10 shapes up for us and then will decide the future course of action.

I will advise you not to pin high hopes for W10. Yes, it is a great improvement on the OS itself, but the availability of apps will be entirely a different issue. It doesn't need to have a new OS in order to have the great app supports like on Android or iOS. If devs are really going to put in their efforts, they would have done so now - in WP8.1. I don't see how W10 or apps being universal can change the fate of Windows Phone. One excellent example is Instagram. Do you see Instagram app on Windows 8.1 desktop? When was the last time Facebook app was updated on Windows 8.1 desktop? Till date, I have already seen numerous updates happened on my Nexus 7 for Instagram, Facebook, Messenger as well as Whatsapp while it is so quiet here on Windows Phones.

All these big companies don't give a hoot about the modern apps and they rather spending their time and efforts more on Android and iOS. Still thinking that Universal apps will save WP? Think again....

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
WhatsApp delivers all those features which we want.. runs smooth.. Wat else do you want.. Dat calling feature.. Use that feature and you'll come to know how ****ty dat feature is on android.. Not happy with WP? You can sell and buy ****droid.

Is not about if the feature is good or bad. Is about how well app supports we are having on Windows Phone. iOS already get this feature. Windows Phones? Another long waiting game?? Till date, I have already seen numerous updates happened on my Nexus 7 for Instagram, Facebook, Messenger as well as Whatsapp while everything is so quiet here with the Windows Phone camp. Why? Don't you feel that using Windows Phone is like being outcast??

Stop telling people to stop using WP if not happy and buy Android. You should voice out to the devs instead and not telling off at WP users. Let me quote you another example why being a Windows Phone is such a disappointment.

Have you use Here Transit before? This what it looks like recently with Here Transits in my country.

nya88n.jpg

Which bus number am I suppose to take?! Reported to Nokia but it has been weeks and still no words from them! On the other hand, Google was so much faster with the responses whenever I report the map issues to them.

I like WP OS. I enjoy using its clean look. But when comes to day to day usages, apps support are just NOT there. I would be glad to use an Android if I wanted to. And believe me, I will if these kind of craps go on even after W10 and Universal apps are announced.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I will advise you not to pin high hopes for W10. Yes, it is a great improvement on the OS itself, but the availability of apps will be entirely a different issue. It doesn't need to have a new OS in order to have the great app supports like on Android or iOS. If devs are really going to put in their efforts, they would have done so now - in WP8.1. I don't see how W10 or apps being universal can change the fate of Windows Phone. One excellent example is Instagram. Do you see Instagram app on Windows 8.1 desktop? When was the last time Facebook app was updated on Windows 8.1 desktop? Till date, I have already seen numerous updates happened on my Nexus 7 for Instagram, Facebook, Messenger as well as Whatsapp while it is so quiet here on Windows Phones.

All these big companies don't give a hoot about the modern apps and they rather spending their time and efforts more on Android and iOS. Still thinking that Universal apps will save WP? Think again....

Bro its all down to numbers, Win 8.1 was made free to capture market.. didn't help. Maybe they need to sell handsets at a loss to gain marketshare and create awesome high end phones to gain the marketshare of people willing to pay for apps. then devs might start to take notice.
The only reason devs will come to this platform is - if they can make money, which they are not able to now.

Presto

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: [WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Hi All

At times I receive messages that go to read status even though I haven't read then. This happened last night, I fell a sleep and received a message which showed as read when I next checked the app. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes