[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I was also thinking if they reuse iOS/Android code and bring in altogether a new WhatsApp interace and features :)
Could be a dream but who knows if they are actually working on the same thing!

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Beta updated. You now can disable the read confirmation so no blue tick anymore. You now can share AUDIO files. The file picker will open and you can attach a file, don't know actually the limit I used a small ringtone to test. The app finally not closes when you click back, so its optimized for WP 8.1 with this optimization the "loading" is like away performance is very good. I didn't see a thing about call, will test later to call me from android maybe its need to be activated.
That's it for the moment

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Beta updated. You now can disable the read confirmation so no blue tick anymore. You now can share AUDIO files. The file picker will open and you can attach a file, don't know actually the limit I used a small ringtone to test. The app finally not closes when you click back, so its optimized for WP 8.1 with this optimization the "loading" is like away performance is very good. I didn't see a thing about call, will test later to call me from android maybe its need to be activated.
That's it for the moment

Wow 😍 thanks for the info 👍👍..check for the calling feature it...if I am correct in the translation document that comes long before have that..thanks once again👏

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So, I tried to call my windows phone from an android and get an message that I need to update WhatsApp.. So its still not working.

I tried a 8MB audio file and I'm able to send it without problems.

You can forward, delete and copy more than one message now. You can select now messages like in android

If I will find more things I'll let you know 😊

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
So, I tried to call my windows phone from an android and get an message that I need to update WhatsApp.. So its still not working.

You can forward, delete and copy more than one message now. You can select now messages like in android

Multiple messaging ✌✌ at last got it...😍 only msgs or can we send media ? Is there separate colors for different persons also available?..really liked that feature when chating in group... Thanks for ur quick response...pls check for more features 👏

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

Forgot to ask can we save the received audio ? Pls check that too

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Multiple messaging ✌✌ at last got it...😍 only msgs or can we send media ? Is there separate colors for different persons also available?..really liked that feature when chating in group... Thanks for ur quick response...pls check for more features 👏

You can forward everything not just messages.. No in group chat still everyone has same color. Where the audio file is saved I can't say it where.. Looked through every folder on my phone and didn't find it. Maybe in the isolated application

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
You can forward everything not just messages.. No in group chat still everyone has same color. Where the audio file is saved I can't say it where.. Looked through every folder on my phone and didn't find it. Maybe in the isolated application

Oops😓 so if any mp3 received we can't see it where it has been saved...if it automatically synchronized with the music stored in our phone that will be great... Thanks for reply 👌

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: [WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Already saw that WC made a news about the new beta but didn't show the multiple forwarding, deleting and copying here a screenshot for this

938ed5e91c710c3fa0b06925163337d9.png

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Do i need to uninstall the current version if I'm installing the beta version? Will they conflict each other? Thanks

When you have access to the private beta then make a backup with current version, then delete this version and install Beta. Should work without problems

sagar_25

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Can someone who is using the beta tell about the performance and new animations included in the app along with your mobile model number?
I learnt that the back button now suspends the app instead of closing the app, its helpful as we can open the msgs very fast than before, the problem is it works fine when two or three applications are opened. if more ram utilisation apps are used that time even the suspended apps starts fresh and again shows loading screen.
someone plz check as is said and lets the others know it, and if the app starts fresh plz plz report the issue to whatsapp as only you peple can get it into proper working. non beta testers cant complain now itself.
plz do the needful and do the right thing as beta testers

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Can someone who is using the beta tell about the performance and new animations included in the app along with your mobile model number?
I learnt that the back button now suspends the app instead of closing the app, its helpful as we can open the msgs very fast than before, the problem is it works fine when two or three applications are opened. if more ram utilisation apps are used that time even the suspended apps starts fresh and again shows loading screen.
someone plz check as is said and lets the others know it, and if the app starts fresh plz plz report the issue to whatsapp as only you peple can get it into proper working. non beta testers cant complain now itself.
plz do the needful and do the right thing as beta testers
Lumia 925 fast and fluid. No more annoying "loading.." Times, but only that good performance when you don't close it via multitasking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz