Flipboard is here (finally!!!)

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one not overly impressed with it?
I realise that it has just been released, but they announced it over a year ago, so they certainly had the time to polish it out.

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
People on the platform always want the big name apps and once we get it all they do is complain. We need to realize that all this stuff, like developing quality apps, takes time. They also need to realize that if they bought a cheap phone with low specs that they aren't going to get 100% functionality with everything. I simply wish people could be happy for some good news every once in awhile. And if the good news doesn't apply to them than to move on. I like the app and think it's pretty good!

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
We need to realize that all this stuff, like developing quality apps, takes time. They also need to realize that if they bought a cheap phone with low specs that they aren't going to get 100% functionality with everything. I like the app and think it's pretty good!

I guess it's because it has taken plenty of time. I was beta testing the app for months. And it had been announced long before that. No excuses should be accepted, especially from a we'll known company. It runs ok on my 1520, just needs some fine tuning. Glad you like it, but it obviously needs work.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
People on the platform always want the big name apps and once we get it all they do is complain. We need to realize that all this stuff, like developing quality apps, takes time......And if the good news doesn't apply to them than to move on. I like the app and think it's pretty good!
I've downloaded it onto my 1520 and it works alright but coming from the IOS version of it, all I can say is that it's way behind in terms of functionality and polish.

I understand what you meant about developing apps takes time but the programmers of Flipboard aren't new to this. They have an excellent version in IOS for a while now so we know that they can make a good app.

My take on it is why say you're gonna release something and don't follow through. Also why release something of this lacking of quality when all it does is just diminish Flipboard's standing amongst the other new reader apps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon