10-16-2014 11:22 PM
35 12
tools
    This app was the official facebook app for windows phone which was unpublished from the store...its just awsum....use it...you guys won't regret it Check out "Facebook Metro" for Windows Phone Facebook Metro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Last edited by Kaushik Banerjee; 09-30-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    faalil, Duduosf and TLRtheory like this.
    09-30-2014 03:07 AM
    Downloading, will update if there are any bugs. Thanks for the heads up!
    Kaushik Banerjee likes this.
    09-30-2014 03:11 AM
    Downloading, will update if there are any bugs. Thanks for the heads up!
    Most welcome bro...i am using it haven't found and bug though...lets see....๐Ÿ‘
    09-30-2014 03:23 AM
    Well, not looking for bugs but rather the options to :
    1. comment on photo albums, etc.
    2. share/forwarding posts to others
    3. view posts from other apps (instagram, foursquare check-ins, etc)
    09-30-2014 03:36 AM
    Well, not looking for bugs but rather the options to :
    1. comment on photo albums, etc.
    2. share/forwarding posts to others
    3. view posts from other apps (instagram, foursquare check-ins, etc)
    Yea...these are the reasons which forces me to use the facebook on my android tab..๐Ÿ˜’ moreover I don't get profile picture updates and posts of my friends in the wp app....jdb for facebook is the best facebook app in the store until now...
    09-30-2014 03:39 AM
    Yea...these are the reasons which forces me to use the facebook on my android tab.. moreover I don't get profile picture updates and posts of my friends in the wp app....jdb for facebook is the best facebook app in the store until now...
    Yes, and I'm using its BLACK version app. Totally the best fb app in the stores for now..
    09-30-2014 04:07 AM
    the fcuk ! 64 friend requests in screenshots!!
    lol.
    09-30-2014 04:49 AM
    I wonder if the publisher actually has any coding skill or if he just published the modified Facebook metro xap.

I'd love to see the huge black rectangle removed from the top of the app on 720p displays.
    09-30-2014 05:01 AM
    Why it needs phone dialer and Contacts permissions?
    09-30-2014 09:17 AM
    Interesting... I came to Windows Phone when this didn't exist anymore. I only used it once on a college mate's WP7.8 for like 5 minutes.
    Downloading. Thanks.
    09-30-2014 09:45 AM
    This app is also so slow
    09-30-2014 10:04 AM
    This app is also so slow
    quite obvious as it isn't optimized for windows phone 8.1
    09-30-2014 10:31 AM
    How did you even get it?
    09-30-2014 11:04 AM
    Pretty sure this is very against store policy...
    09-30-2014 11:31 AM
    I am always surprised to see apps like this in the WP store. I thought that apps are reviewed and approved by MS, but there are always sketchy looking apps showing up.
    Kaushik Banerjee and gmlongo like this.
    09-30-2014 05:07 PM
    They're approved by machine. They basically check for requirements and any red flag-type behaviors. So it's hard to catch subtleties like mimicked apps or republished xaps. That's why they have the report concerns button... and with this app... some would argue this is piracy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism. The app owner basically stole code or code package (as a xap) and published it under his/her account.
    09-30-2014 05:24 PM
    I am always surprised to see apps like this in the WP store. I thought that apps are reviewed and approved by MS, but there are always sketchy looking apps showing up.
    If they reviewed them, they would have to cut their app count by 2/3rds.
    09-30-2014 08:27 PM
    Strange, this app is much faster than the official app for me. I'm currently on Lumia Cyan with WP 8.1.1 installed.
    Same goes for me...using the latest build of wp8.1 update 1 with dev preview installed...working butter smooth....no bugs no freezes.. And UI is awsum....๐Ÿ˜

How did you even get it?
    From a news source which covered this fact. I just shared this news.

Maybe..... You can contact the developer who republished this app ๐Ÿ˜‰

true to certain extent but if this app has been approved by microsoft then I think they also agree that the current WP app really sucks and supporting their previous version might help users..
    Last edited by Guytronic; 10-04-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    09-30-2014 08:55 PM
    They're approved by machine. They basically check for requirements and any red flag-type behaviors. So it's hard to catch subtleties like mimicked apps or republished xaps. That's why they have the report concerns button... and with this app... some would argue this is piracy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism. The app owner basically stole code or code package (as a xap) and published it under his/her account.
    With this, the guy who undiscovered the remnants of the old Xbox Music would be in a bit of trouble... but we let that one slide.
    09-30-2014 10:52 PM
    I didn't like this when we had this app
    09-30-2014 11:00 PM
    The top portion of the app takes up way too much of the screen. The tile bar thingy.
    Kaushik Banerjee and F3rzz like this.
    09-30-2014 11:07 PM
    The top portion of the app takes up way too much of the screen. The tile bar thingy.
    Yea..ur ri8 consuming too much of the news feed page.... WP apps are the ones with big chunky buttons and a simple interface... One can simply look at any wp app and tell wether its of android or windows phone...
    10-01-2014 12:13 AM
    Now that nostalgia goggles are off, OMG that app sucks
    10-01-2014 07:13 AM
    Is this the same facebook app that would just randomly scroll when reading a large post so you'd never find it again?
    Or is it the app that was so annoying to use it drove me to use the mobile version in the browser?
    Oh yeah, they're both the same thing. The answer is "yes" by the way.
    10-01-2014 08:22 AM
    With this, the guy who undiscovered the remnants of the old Xbox Music would be in a bit of trouble... but we let that one slide.
    Um... no? If you're talking about the app that launches the native Music+Video app, it's not even remotely the same. With that, the Music+Video app was never removed, just hidden in favor of the Xbox Music app. Someone just released an app that simply launches it (probably using an URI scheme). He didn't download any code (because it's impossible since it's native) and republished it as his own. He wrote an simple but original app that requests the OS to launch the old Music+Video native app. There are a few ways of launching apps from another apps (including URI schemes) that makes stuff like launching gps apps or launching FB messenger from FB possible.

With this, the XAP, a package of compiled code was developed and generated by Microsoft and whoever this "dev" is published it. I doubt the dev even has access to the source code nor did he write any of it originally. Totally different scenarios.
    10-01-2014 09:29 AM
35 12