Email Client with Vibrate Patterns?

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
The killer function I need that's keeping me carrying an Android is the ability to distinguish emails by account while the phone is on vibrate. I use an app on Android called K-9 Mail for work. Gmail is two short buzzes, work is four long buzzes, and an on-call alert is ten long buzzes. This allows me to not panic every time my work email gets a spam message.

Is this sort of feature even possible on Windows Phone, and does any app exist with the feature?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ah, every notification on Windows Phone corresponds to one vibration (assuming it's even turned on for the app in question), unless it's something like a call or a Skype call.

So, I don't really know of a client that will do exactly that on Windows Phone.

Why don't you try pinning your folders to Start, and arrange your emails by folders instead?

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
WanderingTraveler, the problem is that if I have to get out my phone in this scenario, the app has already failed to meet my needs.

I work as an on call systems admin. If I want to say... go see a movie, and my phone buzzes, I'd like to not have to leave the theater to check and discover it's Dell telling me there's a deal on laptops. I need to know from a vibration pattern that the website just died and yeah, I really do need to leave the theater. This goes the same for driving, talking to people, etc. It's a crucial feature I am somewhat unsure how normal people live without. ;) Maybe they've just never used an app with the option.

I'd really love it even as part of the default Windows Mail app itself, which I'm currently using. Is there any avenue one might ask Microsoft to seriously consider adding such a feature in a future version?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's not possible at the moment, due to how notifications are structured on Windows Phone. You could, of course, try and pull off multiple duplicates of notifications to try and pull this off, to pull off the multiple vibrations.

Why don't you ask a dev to do this for you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6