Workout app

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a workout app that does the following:
-Let's me create a "routine" that I can define what the exercises are.
-Let's me specify the # of sets and reps and starting weight.
-Let's me specify Imperial or Metric units.
-Let's me schedule the routine for certain days of the week w/o having to re-enter or re-create the entire routine for each day.
-Let's me see what weight I did last workout or will tell me what weight I SHOULD be doing this workout.

What I DON'T need:
Videos or illustrations of the exercises.
Charts and graphs
Body measurement recording
Verbal alerts I can't turn off
Timers

I've tried DeekFit, Workout Scheduler, Master Workout, Endomondo, Workout Assistant, Workout Sheet, Fitness Log and a few others. At this point, I might just go back to a spreadsheet, but I want to make sure I can use it w/o having to be connected to the Internet. Thanks for any suggestions!

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I use ProGym. I like it because I can create my own workouts, name my own exercises, it's easy to use and shows the weight and reps from my previous workout. It is geared for people who design their own workouts rather offering prescribed routines. It isn't as fancy as some other fitness apps but I appreciate the simplicity. It currently has 4.5/5 stars with 118 reviews.

ProGym | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I use ProGym. I like it because I can create my own workouts, name my own exercises, it's easy to use and shows the weight and reps from my previous workout. It is geared for people who design their own workouts rather offering prescribed routines. It isn't as fancy as some other fitness apps but I appreciate the simplicity. It currently has 4.5/5 stars with 118 reviews.

ProGym | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Hmm... This is VERY close to my needs. Is there a way to schedule workouts for the future? Like every MWF I want to do a certain routine? Or do I just keep track of that in my head?

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a calendar that tells you when you did a particular workout but it does not schedule in advance. My current routine is four days on, one day off so when I look at the calendar I can see:
10/12 - Chest
10/13 - Back
10/14 - Legs
10/15 - Arms/Shoulders
10/16 - is blank, so it's a day off
and so on 10/17 it will be Chest again.

Of course with the calendar I can look back and see in previous months what days I worked out and what routine I was doing with how much weight and how many reps. I usually don't even have to look at the calendar because the app lists the order of when you did what workout and I know the workout on the bottom of the list is what I am doing today. There is also a place for notes, so say next time I do squats I can remind myself to increase the weight. The app doesn't require an internet connection unless you are manually backing up data to OneDrive. You might want to download the free trial version and see if it meets your needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas