Developers are to be blamed too

NeerajMakeBelieve

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
i researched alot what's happening to user experience of an app both on android and WP8.1 here it is
devs are devoting more time to android enhancement not to WP because they just save time by web wrapping apps which leads to poor app experience.
devs are not completely utilizing the api kits therefore lack functionalities in apps.
devs are really not doing amazing things they just beta test there apps and let it ruin the store experience.
msft is taking tight control over its app designs, common msft this IS MAIN REASON WE MOSTLY DON'T GET SOMETHING NEW IN APP
EVERY APP IS DIFFERENT SO IT NEED LITTLE DIFFERENT UI
there are so many fake apps and $hit that ruins the experience EVERY RESPONSIBLE WP FAN SHOULD IMMEDIATELY REPORT AND TRY TO RATE IT 0 AND TAKE IT DOWN ! ALSO LEAVE COMMENTS WARNINGS OF IT.
THATS REASON WHY SOME QUALITY APPS LEFT HIDDEN.
IT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DEMAND APPS NOT DEVELOPERS. :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Most devs I have mailed with, due to issues or suggestions for their apps were very friendly, and in most cases would push out an update with the fix asap, but that might be just my experience

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Developers yes but Microsoft has to step up the plate on this one. Until we get a stellar experience from Microsoft, on apps they write for WP, as Google has done for apps created for Android, it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft are partly to be blamed as well as the requirement to have a Windows 8.x PC, a SLAT enabled CPU & capable of running hyper-v (most are these days, running a machine several years old - hit n' miss), to develop for windows phone 8 & 8.1 has meant most companies are choosing the online tools instead.

Simply because it is not cost effective for any company to install W8 & meet the additional criteria as it means not upgrading 1 single PC but several. Then you have the issue of compatibility with the in-house systems for these machines and add office politics into the mix (why has x department got updated machines when we are still running XP! etc etc).

Therefore it is easier, simpler & cheaper to develop web apps.

This could have been avoided if Microsoft enabled people to be able to develop phone apps on windows 7.

Lastly, most users don't understand the basic principle of a business is to generate a profit (unless they are a social enterprise therefore relying on donations & crowd funding). Which is why Microsoft like any other company is so heavily invested (from a windows phone users stand point) in the other platforms - that is where the users are (money is).

A business is simply a tree sap and without any nutrients (customers), water (profits) & sun light (marketing exposure) it will not grow - hence why you have branch offices.

Last edited:

msftguy

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm developer too ... I usually develop utility apps on android. I do have couple of apps on windows store. due to limitation of apis i cant rewrite my android apps to windows store :( Its not I dont want to write app, its platform limitation stopping us from writing apps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans