The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-05-2017 02:07 PM
155 1234 ...
tools
    Guys... I think part of the point of this is to all contact the developer within the same week.

A wave gets noticed more than a trickle.

We are still on SnapChat this week. Epocrates is next week. Follow what is current in the #1 post and we can show them an ORGANIZED community that cares about their platform.
    Edit: Nevermind. You explained it best. LOL. Deleted my post that agreed with you but was possibly confusing.

Should I change it to Sundays btw? Thursday is my day off so its easier...that's why I'm updating on that day. I hope that's okay.

Oh and its okay to be early, just don't skip over the first developer. Maybe do one contact method while it is Up Next and another during its week as the featured app.
    Last edited by wpn00b; 01-03-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    01-03-2015 03:02 PM
    It's your baby, wpn00b. You run it how you want and I'm happy to follow along...
    01-03-2015 05:22 PM
    It's your baby, wpn00b. You run it how you want and I'm happy to follow along...
    Great. I'll keep it at Thursdays then. I do appreciate any feedback though.
    01-03-2015 05:56 PM
    Goodbudget. Available for iPhone and Android. In their forums have specifically stated do not intend to build WP app, due to market share. goodbudget.com/help-when-you-need-it/#.VKi5Y7Xn-MY

Discover Card. They currently do not have plans to create an app (as of my request a couple months ago anyway). discovercard.com/mweb/#/contactUs

Just 2 for now...
    01-03-2015 09:59 PM
    1. Quicken (galls me no end that they don't have a WP mobile app)
    2. Discover Bank (an excellent online bank, except for their lack of a WP mobile app)
    3. The Vanguard Group (the largest mutual fund house on planet earth)
    01-03-2015 11:12 PM
    Snapchat petition reaches final goal of 12000
    RumoredNow, wpn00b and brusbrother like this.
    01-04-2015 04:59 AM
    Snapchat petition reaches final goal of 12000
    And it's still climbing. Continue sharing the link!
    01-04-2015 04:41 PM
    CAVE

http://www.cave-world.com/en/

Their fb info and email are in that link.

They have a wp7 game, dodonpachi maximum, that had a game breaking bug under wp8, and so they pulled it from the wp8 store. They never bothered to fix the bug.

I want dodonpachi maximum back on my phone. It was literally the only mobile game I ever really played, and (sorry WP devs) no bullet hell game in the WP8 store is as polished as dodonpachi was.

At the very, very, very least I would ask them to get dodonpachi fixed up for wp8. If they were feeling more generous I'd ask for espgaluda II.

Edit- presumably everyone who participates in this scheme also pledges to buy the app in question? I don't see this succeeding otherwise.
    Last edited by link68759; 01-04-2015 at 05:04 PM.
    wpn00b likes this.
    01-04-2015 04:52 PM
    Trello, there are apps for everyone, even Windows 8 and Kindle Fire, but nothing for Windows Phone.

Complained on a mail, the reply:

So...

Trello https://trello.com/
    Trello apps: https://trello.com/platforms
    Trello support: http://help.trello.com/contact
    wpn00b likes this.
    01-04-2015 05:20 PM
    1. Quicken 2. Discover Bank 3. The Vanguard Group
    Contact details for these please.
    RumoredNow, ven07 and wpn00b like this.
    01-05-2015 12:09 AM
    Contact details for these please.
    Yes, contact details should be posted along with the app name. I will rotate them each to the top post weekly, but anyone at any time can sift through the thread and contact whoever they please. I'll post any info I can find so they can contact the developer a different way when it reaches the first post.

This way we are all helping keep this going!

I'll edit the first post with the request for contact info in each post so there is no confusion.
    Last edited by wpn00b; 01-05-2015 at 12:07 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-05-2015 12:53 AM
    It's still going up there :)
    I received the same thing.contacted them on November 5th 2014.
    wpn00b likes this.
    01-05-2015 11:19 AM
    Starbucks

Web: Mobile Applications | Starbucks Coffee Company
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/starbucks/
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/starbucks/

Starbucks UK
    Email: ukinfo@starbucks.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Starbucksuk
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/starbucksUK

Have contacted Starbucks UK, and got the following response:

Dear <<NAME REMOVED>>,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your e-mail.

We have continued to look at the Windows Phone platform and listen to our customer's needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Windows platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented and passed along to the appropriate teams.

If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,
    <<NAME REMOVED>>

customer service
    ven07 and RumoredNow like this.
    01-05-2015 03:59 PM

At this time we will not support the Windows platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.
    Well lets evolve that landscape then! LOL. I'll add that one to the list and get it up in a few weeks.

Thank you for providing the links.
    gMaesterUK, RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    01-05-2015 04:45 PM
    ...Have contacted Starbucks UK, and got the following response...

<letter snipped>
    I'm the kind of guy that would write back something like this and quote their original email.

Dear Starbucks,

Thank you for replying. Please accept my word that I will no longer be frequenting your establishments.

I will continue to use the Windows Phone platform as it suits my personal needs better than any of the platforms you do support. It is a shame you can not see the opportunity in treating all your customers equally and choose to show obvious favoritism to the status quo. Growth does not happen through stagnation. At this time I will discontinue support of Starbucks but will continue to evaluate you in terms of how you make yourselves more convenient for some customers while ignoring others. I will instead use an alternate establishment for my coffee needs. After all, my communications lifeline is more important to me than your coffee. I have but one cell phone, my city holds a myriad of cafes.

Your offhand dismissal is most definitely not appreciated. Rest assured, your lack of response has been documented and will be vociferously passed along to the Windows Phone communities, of which I am a very active and visible participant.

If I ever have any questions or concerns in the future, I will remember what a dismal disappointment it was to try and reach out to you.

Sincerely,
    <<NAME REMOVED>>

Former Customer

But that's just me...
    01-05-2015 08:02 PM
    Ok everyone, we need 220 signatures to reach 13,000... I think the creator of the petition is sending it in tomorrow. Tweet out the link to your followers if you haven't already!

https://www.change.org/p/snapchat-ma...-windows-phone
    01-06-2015 12:01 AM
    Ok everyone, we need 220 signatures to reach 13,000... I think the creator of the petition is sending it in tomorrow. Tweet out the link to your followers if you haven't already!

https://www.change.org/p/snapchat-ma...-windows-phone
    Looks like it needs just 85 signatures as of 6:43am Pacific time.

Goal reached. Or should I say Gooooooaal!!
    Last edited by wpn00b; 01-06-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    01-06-2015 08:44 AM
    I'm the kind of guy that would write back something like this and quote their original email.

Dear Starbucks,

Thank you for replying. Please accept my word that I will no longer be frequenting your establishments.

I will continue to use the Windows Phone platform as it suits my personal needs better than any of the platforms you do support. It is a shame you can not see the opportunity in treating all your customers equally and choose to show obvious favoritism to the status quo. Growth does not happen through stagnation. At this time I will discontinue support of Starbucks but will continue to evaluate you in terms of how you make yourselves more convenient for some customers while ignoring others. I will instead use an alternate establishment for my coffee needs. After all, my communications lifeline is more important to me than your coffee. I have but one cell phone, my city holds a myriad of cafes.

Your offhand dismissal is most definitely not appreciated. Rest assured, your lack of response has been documented and will be vociferously passed along to the Windows Phone communities, of which I am a very active and visible participant.

If I ever have any questions or concerns in the future, I will remember what a dismal disappointment it was to try and reach out to you.

Sincerely,
    <<NAME REMOVED>>

Former Customer

But that's just me...
    I'm gonna send them a request mail and wait for their denial just to send them this!
    Join in people :P
    RumoredNow and gMaesterUK like this.
    01-06-2015 12:44 PM
    Goal reached. Or should I say Gooooooaal!!
    Well I won't say this was all thanks to us, but it's still good to know that our collective participation made a difference :) Cheers guys and thank you wpn00b
    wpn00b, RumoredNow and UchilHasmit like this.
    01-06-2015 03:29 PM
    Well I won't say this was all thanks to us, but it's still good to know that our collective participation made a difference :) Cheers guys and thank you wpn00b
    Oh of course it wasn't thanks to just us haha. I'm not sure if you caught it but I'll be adding two apps on Thursday instead of just one. Hopefully everyone can tweet or email or whatever both of them. There will still be one "Up Next"...thus has just been a really long week waiting for the next app to come up LOL. One week is enough time for everyone that visits to come back and contact 2 developers, especially with it being so easy (click a link, type a nice request, click submit).
    01-06-2015 03:35 PM
    I'm not sure if you caught it but I'll be adding two apps on Thursday instead of just one
    I'll be there lol
    RumoredNow and wpn00b like this.
    01-06-2015 03:41 PM
    Nooo I missed the petition deadline! Ah well, congrats on the 13 grand signatures. Anyway, I found this list a few months ago- the top 100 iOS apps (as of summer 2013, excluding games) and whether or not they're on WP, Android, and Windows RT. It's over a year out of date (doesn't have Vine and Flipboard marked as available) but it should still be a good source of ideas. It's from a site called Infragistics (sorry, can't post the link just yet). The apps on the list (minus the ones released since the publish date) are:

Amazon Instant Video
    BBC News
    CBS Interactive Player (not sure, but might be built into the CBS app we have now)
    CNBC Real-Time
    ComiXology
    DC Comics (let's pull a Jesus and bring this one back to life, shall we?)
    Dropbox (coming)
    Fox Business
    Good Morning America
    Google Maps
    G**** Plus (I have no idea how this one ended up in the top 100...)
    HBO Go (GoT anybody?)
    Instapaper
    Marvel Comics
    Mashable
    NBC Player
    Nook
    Pinterest (I think we'll need to call in Jesus himself to bring THIS one back...)
    PNC Bank
    Readability
    Trulia
    WebMD
    Yahoo Messenger
    Yahoo Weather
    YouTube (need I say this one?)

Unfortunately, most of these are from news networks, aka the Apple Fanboy clubs. Getting these guys to listen will be tough.

I bet Yahoo will budge with a little persuasion, given that they haven't been relevant since Windows 98...
    Last edited by zidane2016; 01-08-2015 at 04:19 AM.
    UchilHasmit and RumoredNow like this.
    01-08-2015 04:00 AM
    Nooo I missed the petition deadline! Ah well, congrats on the 13 grand signatures. Anyway, I found this list a few months ago- the top 100 iOS apps (as of summer 2013, excluding games) and whether or not they're on WP, Android, and Windows RT. It's over a year out of date (doesn't have Vine and Flipboard marked as available) but it should still be a good source of ideas. It's from a site called Infragistics (sorry, can't post the link just yet). The apps on the list (minus the ones released since the publish date) are:

Amazon Instant Video
    BBC News
    CBS Interactive Player (not sure, but might be built into the CBS app we have now)
    CNBC Real-Time
    ComiXology
    DC Comics (let's pull a Jesus and bring this one back to life, shall we?)
    Dropbox (coming)
    Fox Business
    Good Morning America
    Google Maps
    G**** Plus (I have no idea how this one ended up in the top 100...)
    HBO Go (GoT anybody?)
    Instapaper
    Marvel Comics
    Mashable
    NBC Player
    Nook
    Pinterest (I think we'll need to call in Jesus himself to bring THIS one back...)
    PNC Bank
    Readability
    Trulia
    WebMD
    Yahoo Messenger
    Yahoo Weather
    YouTube (need I say this one?)

Unfortunately, most of these are from news networks, aka the Apple Fanboy clubs. Getting these guys to listen will be tough.

I bet Yahoo will budge with a little persuasion, given that they haven't been relevant since Windows 98...
    01-08-2015 04:18 AM
    Sorry about the double post, not sure what happened or how to remove the duplicate.
    01-08-2015 04:24 AM
    Day One (journal app - God knows we need a decent one for WP/Win8.1) - https://dayone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Accuweather Platinum - AccuWeather.com - Contact Us
    UchilHasmit and ven07 like this.
    01-08-2015 07:06 AM
155 1234 ...