Requested App of the Week

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm the kind of guy that would write back something like this and quote their original email.

Dear Starbucks,

Thank you for replying. Please accept my word that I will no longer be frequenting your establishments.

I will continue to use the Windows Phone platform as it suits my personal needs better than any of the platforms you do support. It is a shame you can not see the opportunity in treating all your customers equally and choose to show obvious favoritism to the status quo. Growth does not happen through stagnation. At this time I will discontinue support of Starbucks but will continue to evaluate you in terms of how you make yourselves more convenient for some customers while ignoring others. I will instead use an alternate establishment for my coffee needs. After all, my communications lifeline is more important to me than your coffee. I have but one cell phone, my city holds a myriad of cafes.

Your offhand dismissal is most definitely not appreciated. Rest assured, your lack of response has been documented and will be vociferously passed along to the Windows Phone communities, of which I am a very active and visible participant.

If I ever have any questions or concerns in the future, I will remember what a dismal disappointment it was to try and reach out to you.

Sincerely,
<<NAME REMOVED>>

Former Customer

But that's just me...
I'm gonna send them a request mail and wait for their denial just to send them this!
Join in people :p

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I won't say this was all thanks to us, but it's still good to know that our collective participation made a difference :) Cheers guys and thank you wpn00b
Oh of course it wasn't thanks to just us haha. I'm not sure if you caught it but I'll be adding two apps on Thursday instead of just one. Hopefully everyone can tweet or email or whatever both of them. There will still be one "Up Next"...thus has just been a really long week waiting for the next app to come up LOL. One week is enough time for everyone that visits to come back and contact 2 developers, especially with it being so easy (click a link, type a nice request, click submit).

zidane2016

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Nooo I missed the petition deadline! Ah well, congrats on the 13 grand signatures. Anyway, I found this list a few months ago- the top 100 iOS apps (as of summer 2013, excluding games) and whether or not they're on WP, Android, and Windows RT. It's over a year out of date (doesn't have Vine and Flipboard marked as available) but it should still be a good source of ideas. It's from a site called Infragistics (sorry, can't post the link just yet). The apps on the list (minus the ones released since the publish date) are:

Amazon Instant Video
BBC News
CBS Interactive Player (not sure, but might be built into the CBS app we have now)
CNBC Real-Time
ComiXology
DC Comics (let's pull a Jesus and bring this one back to life, shall we?)
Dropbox (coming)
Fox Business
Good Morning America
Google Maps
G**** Plus (I have no idea how this one ended up in the top 100...)
HBO Go (GoT anybody?)
Instapaper
Marvel Comics
Mashable
NBC Player
Nook
Pinterest (I think we'll need to call in Jesus himself to bring THIS one back...)
PNC Bank
Readability
Trulia
WebMD
Yahoo Messenger
Yahoo Weather
YouTube (need I say this one?)

Unfortunately, most of these are from news networks, aka the Apple ****** clubs. Getting these guys to listen will be tough.

I bet Yahoo will budge with a little persuasion, given that they haven't been relevant since Windows 98...

Last edited:

zidane2016

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Nooo I missed the petition deadline! Ah well, congrats on the 13 grand signatures. Anyway, I found this list a few months ago- the top 100 iOS apps (as of summer 2013, excluding games) and whether or not they're on WP, Android, and Windows RT. It's over a year out of date (doesn't have Vine and Flipboard marked as available) but it should still be a good source of ideas. It's from a site called Infragistics (sorry, can't post the link just yet). The apps on the list (minus the ones released since the publish date) are:

Amazon Instant Video
BBC News
CBS Interactive Player (not sure, but might be built into the CBS app we have now)
CNBC Real-Time
ComiXology
DC Comics (let's pull a Jesus and bring this one back to life, shall we?)
Dropbox (coming)
Fox Business
Good Morning America
Google Maps
G**** Plus (I have no idea how this one ended up in the top 100...)
HBO Go (GoT anybody?)
Instapaper
Marvel Comics
Mashable
NBC Player
Nook
Pinterest (I think we'll need to call in Jesus himself to bring THIS one back...)
PNC Bank
Readability
Trulia
WebMD
Yahoo Messenger
Yahoo Weather
YouTube (need I say this one?)

Unfortunately, most of these are from news networks, aka the Apple ****** clubs. Getting these guys to listen will be tough.

I bet Yahoo will budge with a little persuasion, given that they haven't been relevant since Windows 98...

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the weather apps listed above... WP is NOT lacking in weather apps. Would be very pointless to get everyone in this thread move a giant corporation to make yet another weather app just so you can have the Yahoo or accuweather logo show up...

Also, YouTube? We tried that, Google will not budge, and there are already multiple YouTube apps in the store that are much better than any "official" app would be.

I also question the value of a dropbox app, since we have no shortage of those either.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Snapchat says Bye bye!

Web: https://support.snapchat.com/ca/incompatible (Click Windows Phone to highlight it...I assume they are counting clicks)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Snapchat
Email: support@snapchat.com
Change.org Petition: https://www.change.org/p/snapchat-make-snapchat-for-windows-phone
BONUS! Cyanide & Happiness comic for retweet: https://twitter.com/App4Windows/status/550030540590821376/photo/1

Thread updated...

Sorry for the delay. Had to work today unexpectedly. See post #1 for the new target hehehe.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the weather apps listed above... WP is NOT lacking in weather apps. Would be very pointless to get everyone in this thread move a giant corporation to make yet another weather app just so you can have the Yahoo or accuweather logo show up...

Also, YouTube? We tried that, Google will not budge, and there are already multiple YouTube apps in the store that are much better than any "official" app would be.

I also question the value of a dropbox app, since we have no shortage of those either.

Disagree. Remember that there are regions where most of the providers for the weather apps aren't very accurate, which is my case. Atmosphere has a 4 for more degrees discrepancy compared to the actual temperature. Accuweather is invaluable in these regions because it covers every one of them.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't do the social media thing so that just left email contact...

Epocrates sent me a Dear John letter back in under 5 minutes...

Contact Quora by email: feedback@quora.com I was not signing into their site with my email account. that's how they win.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't do the social media thing so that just left email contact...

Epocrates sent me a Dear John letter back in under 5 minutes...

Contact Quora by email: feedback@quora.com I was not signing into their site with my email account. that's how they win.
So this link is correct? I'll update the main post now.

What do you mean that's how they win? They ignore us unless we sign in?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So this link is correct? I'll update the main post now.

I had to dig around to find the "contact us" info. That is the email address I found on the Quora web site.

What do you mean that's how they win? They ignore us unless we sign in?

If you sign in on browser it shows you are already in and they think that your browser is sufficient. We are asking for Windows Phone support, not Windows support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39