Weather To-Go - Beauty, Design, Style

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Weather To-Go is a Windows Phone weather app developed by Dean McCray.

I was lucky to have been in the thread when he made the app free for 3 days and grabbed it. I like free like the rest of us but I knew nothing about this app and what did I have to lose? I got it and loaded it up. Truth be told, I would have paid to have this on my Windows Phone. I called it Beauty, Design and Style for a reason and if you haven't tried it, run, don't walk to the Market and grab this one to see what I'm talking about.
I have seen some very nice looking weather apps but none and professionally designed like Weather To-Go. From the selections of backgrounds, to the live tile to the lock screen, this developer pulls no punches. Flip the display horizontally and get more weather information. Tap the Map icon and you get a push pin of your location. What I didn't expect is if you double tap the push pin, you zoom in on your location. That is style!
Well done Dean McCray. Very well done and a personal thanks for your work.
This is the weather app to have.
wp_ss_20141231_0001.jpgwp_ss_20141231_0002.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree! This is one of the best designed apps with loads of accurate information and loads of customizations. I also got it during the promotion, but I would definitely buy it. It's better than other weather apps I paid for.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Laura, I don't think I've seen a weather app quite like this one. It is so professionally done, I now wonder if this exist for my desktop and my tablets running Windows 8.1. It would add a sense of class.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Laura, I don't think I've seen a weather app quite like this one. It is so professionally done, I now wonder if this exist for my desktop and my tablets running Windows 8.1. It would add a sense of class.

I agree! I'd buy it for Windows 8.1 if it were available.

Rohn59

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I too grabbed this one during the promotion. This is a beautifully designed app. I can't believe that I hadn't noticed this app before. Mr. McCray did a splendid job here. I love how the UI blends in so well with the WP UI.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Weather to go has been my favorite for probably a year or so.
I never understood why most folks raved about the other weather apps. Glad to see some fans here tonight. And the developer is great giving enthusiastic responses.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Agreed with everything positive said here. I've had this app for over a year (I think), and witnessed it's development - back then the developer was in the process of adding custom background images, one of the first at that. I've got 20+ weather apps installed and this is one of the oldest. The weather warning notifications and automatic background location tracking are particularly useful, not to mention the accurate weather (though a bit on the "better-than-safe-than-sorry" side) predictions.

However, I'm having a little reliability issue: the tile seems to have stopped updating on it's own*; i still receive weather warning notifications once in a while. An email from the developer indicated that it's a problem/issue with Windows Phone 8.1. Is anyone else in Windows Phone 8.1 having the same issue? Interestingly, the tile starts updating again when my phone is creating a backup of its settings and apps, but it stops again a few hours after the backup.

*- App is allowed to run in the background and is regularly opened (at least thrice a week).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes