Solved Constant "OneDrive location not found" error message box after changing username directory

iSurio

Feb 19, 2024
Visit site
Hello,
because of the persistent windows 10 update error since Jan, I did a clean install/upgrade to 11.
I registered with my old win10 pro key and used my MS account to register and local PIN for login. It created the default 5 letter dir. I used this article to change it into my first name, a 6 letter name.

Since then, I have faced the error every time I log in or even open explorer window
onedrive-location-error.png

I have changed the onedrive location, linked and unlinked the account, uninstalled and reinstalled the onedrive app, but to no avail. I keep receiving this error all the time. I also turned off the syncing of Desktop from the onedrive list and removed desktop from quick access. Error still persists.

Please help me get a resolution for this error. All your help is most appreciated.

Best regards,
Surio

iSurio

Feb 19, 2024
Visit site
I resolved it by following the tips provided in another forum. The above article link omitted a command to symlink the old profile to new profile once we complete the change in username setup

mklink /d <old userpath> <new userpath>
Read more here.

That resolved the error. Hope it helps someone else going through the same problems and looking for a fix.

BR,
surio

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital