Start MENU organizer: surely????

ChrisZA

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I really need to organise my start menu - that loooong list of programmes installed. Just like I can in windows.

Does an app exist for that? I really have searched.

And no, the 8.1 start screen groups do not hack it. Not one bit. They are tough to maintain cos you have no idea what apps in your list are in groups or not.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I really need to organise my start menu - that loooong list of programmes installed. Just like I can in windows.

Does an app exist for that? I really have searched.

And no, the 8.1 start screen groups do not hack it. Not one bit. They are tough to maintain cos you have no idea what apps in your list are in groups or not.

Do you mean live folders?
If you create a live folder you can name it will that not help?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/h...onalization/create-folders-on-my-start-screen

Or the older version App Folders.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/h...onalization/create-folders-on-my-start-screen

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean live folders?
If you create a live folder you can name it will that not help?

Or the older version App Folders.

I think they mean like you can group the Windows 8/8.1 Start Screen on Desktop, Laptop & Tablet where groups have a gap between them as well as named.

I too would like to do that on my Stary Screen as having a long list is a little annoying & Live Folders are a little to iOS like.

Roland

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I think they mean like you can group the Windows 8/8.1 Start Screen on Desktop, Laptop & Tablet where groups have a gap between them as well as named.

I too would like to do that on my Stary Screen as having a long list is a little annoying & Live Folders are a little to iOS like.

Roland

Yes with above you can. If you have LIVE FOLDERS just pick a tile up and place it on top of another and than you have them in one tile. And you can add more tiles to it.
With APP FOLDERS you have to start the app . Create a name and than you can check mark all apps with have to go in than "folder" and you can pin the folder to the start screen.

But you still have the "standard" start screen layout.
But it looks like windows 10 will bring som "organizing" improvements. But for that you still have to wait.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes with above you can. If you have LIVE FOLDERS just pick a tile up and place it on top of another and than you have them in one tile. And you can add more tiles to it.
With APP FOLDERS you have to start the app . Create a name and than you can check mark all apps with have to go in than "folder" and you can pin the folder to the start screen.

But you still have the "standard" start screen layout.
But it looks like windows 10 will bring som "organizing" improvements. But for that you still have to wait.

I'll have to give that a try, but at the min it's no big deal as I don't use my Lumia 925 all the time as I'm using an iPhone 4S that's still under Contract so want to get the most out of my 24 month contract and since it's running WP 8.1 I'll be getting Windows 10 for Phones I'll have a look once the Preview is released for Insiders.

Roland

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Live Folders is an amazing way to organize the Start Screen I've got a mix of Tiles for Phone, People, Amazing Weather, Calendar, Photos, Cortana, Messaging & Here Drive Commute on the Start Screen then rest of the Apps I use a lot in named folders, it's not the same as having named groups in Windows 8.1 but it's better than an unruly mess of Tiles that I had before.

Roland

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes