Twitter Notifications not working

Alroy Swain

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Is notifications for the official Twitter app working? I'm not getting any for people that I follow (I've switched on notifications for them).

Running Denim.

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is notifications for the official Twitter app working? I'm not getting any for people that I follow (I've switched on notifications for them).

Running Denim.

Mine stop every 2 days. I turn tweets off in settings, exit app. Then turn them back on. I have to repeat this over and over. Same with tapatalk. I was afraid the hard reset from that chive app fiasco caused this, or screwed up my phone. Or it's just a coincidence due to this not starting till that happened.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't get notifications in twitter has well.. But I think the issues are with the cuz rest of the apps give notification on apt time ;)

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Uninstall Twitter app, go to your twitter page on the web from a computer and go to your settings. Choose apps and revoke access from the Twitter for Windows Phone. Reinstall the app and give it permission to connect to your account and all that as usual. Give it a little time and see if you start getting notifications consistently after that. It worked for me after a long time not getting notifications from it.

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall Twitter app, go to your twitter page on the web from a computer and go to your settings. Choose apps and revoke access from the Twitter for Windows Phone. Reinstall the app and give it permission to connect to your account and all that as usual. Give it a little time and see if you start getting notifications consistently after that. It worked for me after a long time not getting notifications from it.

Thanks for this tip - just done this and it worked :) I'll have to remember this for when/if it happens again!

Last edited:

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Did this. And it still stopped after a few days.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Did this. And it still stopped after a few days.

Same with me, it works for a while then no notifications :(

I've tried an alternative (can't remember which one) but I didn't like it as much.

Tweetium is well rated but there is a monthly cost to receive notifications! I might look for another one, I don't mind paying but not a subscription.....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

I've done this twice and my twitter notifications stop working after a few hours. I still get mentions and RTs but no notifications from the people I have enabled. Very annoying. It has to be app because I get notification from my other apps.

gupta_rohit

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

That is exactly what worked for me. This issue started happening after the Twitter app was updated to shift Windows Phone twitter experience completely onto the app. Looks like some bug was introduced because of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes