Core music player [finally a great folder music player has come!]

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guy,

I'm not a developer from this app or anything, but I play with Core music player on my Lumia 630
for the past week and I felt I want to share my experience with all of you!

First of all, this music player is dedicated for all those that have organized their music in folders.
I know in this era ,we are a rare breed, but Xbox music player doesn't have folder viewing and personally,
no matter how long I used it everyday before (for the last 7 months), I couldn't feel like I was in total control of
what I was listening.

Now Core music player, opens instantly, without any resuming/waiting and drops you in the exact location ,
in which your music is (ex. SD card or whatever folder you want it to start in).

24e16cx.png

As shown above ,you can press the music and then press the play button on the folder you want, or you can press directly the
play button on the left side of the music to play all the music !
Or you can press the cycle button shown on the upper right corner to jump on the now playing screen.

And then ,there is the now playing screen ,which I find simple ,sleek and elegant :

whnwy0.png

FOLDER button : go back to your folders
HISTORY : what you have listened before
The clock icon : Is a sleep timer that automatically stops the music when you like (ex. 1 hour from now)
And of course the usual Shuffle/repeat/prev/next/play/pause buttons.

You can go to the current playing list by pressing on the current playing song title.

And on top of all that, if you want to stop the music, and I mean to STOP and not PAUSE the music, if you press the upper right cycle button you have the option to stop the music or to stop and exit.
And as you know when you stop the music in WP, you no longer have the play controls when pressing the volume keys.

2v81is6.png

Finally , you have a metric ton of options in the options menu, such as:
Transparent/app color or accent color Tile AND different Icons,
Dark/light theme (both are just stunning) , accent color on the app
A bunch of super handy toggles for you preferences,
And many more.

This app is free WITHOUT adds, but if you like the whole concept ,you can donate to the developers.

Apps like this and TubeCast are in my opinion the jems of Windows Phone, and the developers are truly heroes,
they don't just add adds, they give you a discreet option to donate.
Hope you like it folder music lovers!

Verdict 10/10 hands down
:p

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this is the best music player for Windows phone, my opinion. It works great, also has sleep timer (this is must have for me). I'm really impressed!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Good shout
Just downloaded. Playing tracks on folders is excellent. I usually arrange tracks from my computer by folders when copying to my phone. Why? Cos I dislike making playlist.

vtable

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
The concept of both players is little different. One Music is Tag based player and Core Music is File based player. If you want to manage music in file level Core Music is the best for it. To manage files and playlists is very easy and powerful.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Great app. I'm probably overlooking something, but one thing I can't figure out is how to navigate to folders on the phone. I only seem to be able to view folders on the SD Card.

Edit: ugh, nevermind. I guess since 'SD Card' is prominently shown, I expected a similarly clear 'Phone' item on the same screen. But: apparently for the phone you need to hand pick your favorite folders by hitting the little 'folder open' icon in the favorites section.

If I'm still overlooking something simple, let me know, but for now: problem solved.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2