Hi,
    I'm trying to take on a new project as a developer. One gripe I've always had was the lack of a GOOD windows phone email client. With intuitive gestures and a good UI. I currently use the default email app and must say im not hugely satisfied. I came from using the wonderful Mailbox app on Android and think I should try yo recreate the experience. What do you guys think of the idea?
    Yazen likes this.
    02-16-2015 12:44 PM
    What app is that?
    02-16-2015 12:53 PM
    What app is that?
    Pardon?
    02-16-2015 01:22 PM
    Pardon?
    Was MAILBOX the name of the android app?
    02-16-2015 03:24 PM
    Oh yes, it's called Mailbox
    02-17-2015 11:45 AM
    Well if it would be possible, it would have its place when you roll the top screen, amongst the wifi, bluetooth, fight mode and rotation lock. It would be a small icon showing how many new emails you have and when you'd click it it would lead to the email client. It would obviously have to fit with other buttons, I don't want Las Vegas on my phone, hehe.
    02-17-2015 11:50 AM
    Well if it would be possible, it would have its place when you roll the top screen, amongst the wifi, bluetooth, fight mode and rotation lock. It would be a small icon showing how many new emails you have and when you'd click it it would lead to the email client. It would obviously have to fit with other buttons, I don't want Las Vegas on my phone, hehe.
    Haha thank you
    02-17-2015 05:19 PM
    In my opinion, I'd wait and see how Outlook Mail turns out in Windows 10. I mean, we already know there's an entirely new client being released. Now would seemingly be the absolute worst time to develop a replacement. If Outlook Mail meets all the features of your app, then it'd be a big waste of time.
    a5cent and amitnahar like this.
    02-17-2015 05:46 PM
    Oh yes, it's called Mailbox
    Ok. You lost me in the beginning but I'm on track now. :) I say build it. Let me ask you, did the existing Mailbox app work with Outlook? I thought I read somewhere where it did not. The question has nothing to do with what your plans are. Just asking.
    02-17-2015 08:38 PM
    will it be universal?
    I want the same app on my phone and tablet.
    with a sync that works.

while you are at it, a universal Calendar app is required too.
    02-18-2015 07:28 PM
    Ok. You lost me in the beginning but I'm on track now. :) I say build it. Let me ask you, did the existing Mailbox app work with Outlook? I thought I read somewhere where it did not. The question has nothing to do with what your plans are. Just asking.
    To be completely honest I have no idea haha
    02-18-2015 07:59 PM
    will it be universal?
    I want the same app on my phone and tablet.
    with a sync that works.

while you are at it, a universal Calendar app is required too.
    If I follow through with the idea than it'll be universal for sure
    02-18-2015 08:00 PM
    Hi,
    I'm trying to take on a new project as a developer. One gripe I've always had was the lack of a GOOD windows phone email client. With intuitive gestures and a good UI. I currently use the default email app and must say im not hugely satisfied. I came from using the wonderful Mailbox app on Android and think I should try yo recreate the experience. What do you guys think of the idea?
    Personally I'd wait for a Windows 10 freeze before even considering such an app.
    Don't want to discourage you though. Windows needs a lot of similar apps...
    02-18-2015 08:11 PM
    In my opinion, I'd wait and see how Outlook Mail turns out in Windows 10. I mean, we already know there's an entirely new client being released. Now would seemingly be the absolute worst time to develop a replacement. If Outlook Mail meets all the features of your app, then it'd be a big waste of time.
    Not entirely true. Alternatives are always welcome, and OP could recycle the code for another project.
    Waiting would be best for changes to API
    02-18-2015 08:15 PM
    I'm a heavy email user and never really had issues with the wp8.1.1 email client. The new 10 version looks like it'll be even better.
    02-18-2015 08:37 PM
    ha, work got the best of me on this one....when you said GOOD, I was thinking GOOD for Enterprise's app....wish they would overhaul that app, its bleh

GL in the development OP and keep us posted!
    02-18-2015 08:39 PM
    I'm a heavy email user and never really had issues with the wp8.1.1 email client. The new 10 version looks like it'll be even better.
    Ah,I personally cant say im a fan. Very basic to be honest
    Yazen likes this.
    02-18-2015 08:40 PM
    Ah,I personally cant say im a fan. Very basic to be honest
    Really basic lool

Would love to be able to add and edit my outlook filters. That would make my email experience complete..
    02-18-2015 09:04 PM
    Really basic lool

Would love to be able to add and edit my outlook filters. That would make my email experience complete..
    Agreed, that's what I want to be able to create. Maybe I can use some recycled API haha
    02-18-2015 10:07 PM
    ha, work got the best of me on this one....when you said GOOD, I was thinking GOOD for Enterprise's app....wish they would overhaul that app, its bleh

GL in the development OP and keep us posted!
    Will do haha
    02-18-2015 10:08 PM
    To be completely honest I have no idea haha
    I checked it out personally. It does NOT support Outlook. Its one of those apps that say Outlook and other email facilities will be in their FUTURE plans. I hope your app will support Outlook. :)
    02-19-2015 08:06 AM