Sygic Navagation for Windows Phone. So far, am I not yet impressed

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a demo version of this app on my android phone for testing. I was impressed by the 3D maps and overall look of the app itself. But again, I didn't really use this app but for a few days. Fast forward to this week when it finally arrived for Windows Phone. Man I was ecstatic. All I could think of is who great this would look on my 1520.

I was so pumped, I plunked down the money for a forever license.

But that excitement quickly dissipated when I began to use this app just going to work. Wow, what a major and I do mean major disappointment. I live in Las Vegas and I work just outside the Las Vegas strip. Meaning, I there isn't any street that has changed in the last 8 years in this town that most maps would not know about. Sygic didn't seem to know sugar honey Ice tea. It couldn't find the office complex where I work. Hell, it couldn't even locate the house I live in. I put in my house number, it shows me a picture of the house across the street. WTH? I tried to force my house address into the search and all it would do is offer me a range of addresses to where I could navigate. I put in what is my work address and this app wanted to direct me deep into Las Vegas traffic then onto the interstate rather than around the corner to the entrance to the same interstate.
I can't believe just how bad the maps in this app are. I don't mind spending the money for a good app but I do hate bad form and Sygic so far, is all about bad form.
peyton-manning.jpg

If you got this app on your Windows phone and its working out for you, give me a reason I should not request a refund.

r4v

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, you had 7 days for testing... I tried it and those maps are disaster. I can't believe it's TomTom. My 4 year old, not updated since then TomTom Start have better maps. Sygic sucks very bad. Navigon 2 year map updates still works after 2.5 year, so I don't see a reason to change navi app.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, you had 7 days for testing... I tried it and those maps are disaster. I can't believe it's TomTom. My 4 year old, not updated since then TomTom Start have better maps. Sygic sucks very bad. Navigon 2 year map updates still works after 2.5 year, so I don't see a reason to change navi app.
I already emailed them to put them on notice. I worry about when I actually need to use this to get to the airport in some town or city I am visiting. Not good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar