Starbucks forum

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
That ship has already sailed as far as I'm concerned. I just use the mobile website barcode now. Not quite as convenient but it works.

I doubt that Windows 10 Universal Apps will convince them as it offers no further advantage to them ie it only makes sense on a mobile device anyway so effectively the market share would still be the same.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
But the android or IOS bridge may convince them to release a phone app.
But this still requires work by the developer and I am not optimistic Starbucks will bother as they seem to be of the mindset that *any* work is not worth doing unless the market share is there. After all they developed a Mexican Starbucks app a while back yet have still yet to release a USA one. I can't believe they wrote this app in such as way that it would need a complete rewrite to make it usable in the USA? So if they won't even modify an existing app for here, I can't see them bothering with this Android Bridge, but as always I really hope I am wrong and eat my words :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
But this still requires work by the developer and I am not optimistic Starbucks will bother as they seem to be of the mindset that *any* work is not worth doing unless the market share is there. After all they developed a Mexican Starbucks app a while back yet have still yet to release a USA one. I can't believe they wrote this app in such as way that it would need a complete rewrite to make it usable in the USA? So if they won't even modify an existing app for here, I can't see them bothering with this Android Bridge, but as always I really hope I am wrong and eat my words :)

I didn't try it, so I can't say it worked 100%, but supposedly someone installed the android Starbucks app, as is, on WP10, and the app worked.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I didn't try it, so I can't say it worked 100%, but supposedly someone installed the android Starbucks app, as is, on WP10, and the app worked.
If it runs apps, as is, that's great, but I was getting the impression from the website for the Android Bridge was that it was just reusing the code and that you still had to recompile and/or modify some code. Of course it may be that the Starbucks app just recompiled without change?

The thing is, is Starbucks still refuses to port even their Android app, that means you have to obviously use non official means to get the apk. I wonder if they would still be able to tell it was being run on a windows phone and block it?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes