Best Music app now that Groove is Gone

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Well I just received word MS is throwing in the towel again, this time abandoning MS Groove. This was devastating news to me. I use that app more than all the others, and this will sink moral in the store when buying other things such as movies and shows too.

What are the best music apps for our phones? Is Spotify truly the best other alternative? If so this is sad news because it hasn't been updated in a very long time. Also, is there a Spotify app that is better? There is Spoticast which I have but it takes a lot of battery power I believe.

I'm still shocked.

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
You can download them and still listen to them. The safest bet is to upload them on to Onedrive and stream them from there. God, what a disaster. What were they thinking? Should have gone Apple this entire time.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Im glad I didn't buy a whole library of music on groove. I mean sure I had like 3 songs that I got back in zune era days. on there but meh though I didn't loose much on investment since most of my music library is from iTunes or from amazon. All I can say is I hope Microsoft integrates FM Radio into Groove since now that is a hardware inside most Windows phone would be logical for them to do that since well now it will just be a music player nothing more.

As for streaming music... Can't think of a use for it if there a music song I want to listen to there YouTube for that. If I want music I much prefer to buy it that so I have it forever... hint my investment with iTunes and amazon.

Spotify is alright. I try it once long ago when I had a free month use of it but I wasn't like using it all the time like 1 or two times or 3 times out of a whole month.

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Pandora might be the closest to Groove when it comes to pulling in music and songs for a playlist. Even better than the radio tab in discovering music taste. Same premium price as well.

dmmontal

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Groove was the one thing keeping me on Windows 10 Mobile - I love it and use it for hours every day. I recently purchased a Galaxy S8+, thinking it was finally time to switch, but the Android Groove app was so poor that I switched back (the main issue being that Groove on Android doesn't support local files, only streaming).

I don't stream at all, so for now the killing of Groove doesn't actually affect me, as the base app will still work. But the writing on the wall is clear, so I'm wondering the same thing as the OP. What I need in a music app with the following features:

- Available on mobile and desktop
- Syncs playlists across multiple devices
- Supports local music files
- Clean, well-designed UI

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I tried using the official Spotify but I can't get it to play a single track. WTF Microsoft. Then I tried the Spoticast app that cost 10 bucks in the store and it's usuable but man is it ever buggy too. Every time I use it I come across persistant bugs. It will occasionally stop playing music when I turn of the screen, even though it's set to Audio only. It will start a song for a few seconds then pause and skip tot he next track a bunch of times. Sometimes it just stops playing all together after a short while. There is a long lag when pressing to the next song. Going to the next song doesn't even work sometimes when using the overly menu. It seems to work best when youre in the app and have closed all other audio apps. It's a very sensitive app. There goes 10 bucks! Spoticast has a ton of features but they haven't even fixed core bugs that plagues it. I can't recommend this app at all!

So what other apps are there that I can use for my main source of music? Pandora is just for mixes, don't want that. Is there another music streaming service that I can buy into? I can't wait until next year when I buy an IPhone 7, because then I'll be able to use Apple Music. Apple is a smaller company with a wider vision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon