a hunch -- Microsoft developing a hybrid OS

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Dan, I am not sure this has been asked or the idea even brought up holistically. I am wondering where Microsoft might be in 3 years time. I have a hunch they will keep testing the waters and begin rapidly doing this as they grow and develop. Seeing them introduce project Mu, their Chromium Edge, and other endeavors they are involved in like their E2 project lead me to believe that they may end up with a hybrid based OS or platform. Possibly using the best parts of their Microsoft code plus open source code. What do you think about this idea? Thanks.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Dan, I am not sure this has been asked or the idea even brought up holistically. I am wondering where Microsoft might be in 3 years time. I have a hunch they will keep testing the waters and begin rapidly doing this as they grow and develop. Seeing them introduce project Mu, their Chromium Edge, and other endeavors they are involved in like their E2 project lead me to believe that they may end up with a hybrid based OS or platform. Possibly using the best parts of their Microsoft code plus open source code. What do you think about this idea? Thanks.

Do you mean like BlackBerry Android (BBAndroid) as compared to Android?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean like BlackBerry Android (BBAndroid) as compared to Android?
No something different.
I suspect this is a far fetched hunch but thought it would be interesting to theorize or talk about. My real conclusion is they're evolving Windows so rapidly now that in 2-3 years it won't be same anyway... How that ends up being done or if they do revolutionize their kernel and OS stack for the future is kind of what I was wondering about.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
No something different.
I suspect this is a far fetched hunch but thought it would be interesting to theorize or talk about. My real conclusion is they're evolving Windows so rapidly now that in 2-3 years it won't be same anyway... How that ends up being done or if they do revolutionize their kernel and OS stack for the future is kind of what I was wondering about.

Interesting and way above my skills. I hear kernel and two different understandings, BBAndroid hardened Android kernel and popcorn.....

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Hmm, interesting I wonder how this ties in with the work they did with Project Midori.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, interesting I wonder how this ties in with the work they did with Project Midori.
The thing about these "projects" is that they are never a waste of effort if you really look at it. Projects like that and others may or did end up being rolled into Windows later aiding it all in moving forwarding.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
The thing about these "projects" is that they are never a waste of effort if you really look at it. Projects like that and others may or did end up being rolled into Windows later aiding it all in moving forwarding.

Not to mention the sheer learning of actually doing something. Kind of like the saying there is a large difference between theory and application.

It wouldn't surprise me, given that MS is now using Chromium for an Edge replacement, that MS might use Chromium OS as their version of a lightweight OS for like the Surface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon