Apple, Microsoft & Google - 3 kings of a democratic world!

Renoktation

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Gone are the days of free will when it comes to the choice of technology. I am talking about 1980's when people were free to choose the board, the CPU and the software. People of those times got an opportunity to learn about computers from scratch. They could open things up, add peripherals, tweak the code or write a whole new OS.

Things started changing as complexity grew. The first company to take advantage of this was Apple. Their vision was to sandbox the software to control every aspects of the development. With time, this idea was adopted by Google & Microsoft.

Now the CEOs of these three companies decide the technological fate of this entire planet with over 7.2 billion people. If these 3 people think that there should not be a 3rd mobile eco-system, everyone should accept that diktat. If these 3 CEO's decide that the performance of your perfectly capable phones should be throttled down or if your perfectly capable phone should be reduced to a piece of garbage, then it must be logically true as well. If these CEO's think that Live tiles are useless, then they should go because majority thinks like that.

This is a very dangerous trend. Because this hinders the natural growth of technology. These companies today are controlling every aspect of technology by placing themselves between developers and consumers. In order to challenge this status quo, we need people who are more than consumers, people who can not only develop apps but can develop a whole new, secure, efficient and better platform.

More than 200 countries of the world today has democracy but these democracies are run by companies that are autocratic and money minded. We need people who are ready to live for their passion and never let money have the power to decide. We may look at the people of 80's with respect. If we want the same respect from our next generations, we will have to earn it!

Coopermans

Oct 18, 2019
Visit site
This is similar to what I've heard Gary Vaynerchuk say. Today, it's sexy building up a startup and then selling it off to one of the giants. This only feeds them. This kind of mindset needs to be reversed.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I see your perspective, but is this something that is really wanted? Resources (and developers) would be needed to get this idea off the ground.

Renoktation

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I see your perspective, but is this something that is really wanted? Resources (and developers) would be needed to get this idea off the ground.

IOTs are providing a very potent and cheap platform to anyone interested in adventure. You can literally build your own smartphone with these tools! The only thing to take care is not to use software that is linked to any of these 3 companies. So Win 10 iOT has to be avoided at all means. Raspbian OS is a good alternative. Let's see where it goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05