Cannot view the phone number under the contact name in Phone book in WP 8.1

W

WPCentral Question

Hi Team,

I have installed the wp 8.1 and facing this issue. I want to report this bug to windows team but cannot find a source to do it, so posting it here if someone can look into this and remove this bug.

When we want to find the mobile number of a contact in our phone book to give it to someone we usually go to phone book and search with name. When i do this on my windows phone 8.1 it just gives the name of the contact iam searching for and no number information under it. I have to tap it and make a call and then cancel the call and find the number in the call history. This is not the case in my previous OS version of WP 8.0.

Regards,
Nag

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
What you need to do next time is open people hub instead of opening the phone book in phone. Its weird how i never actually thought of this, to new users this is definitely a flaw that should be addressed immediately, people should be able to obtain their contact information on phone. I think the WP team may have prioritized calling people fast instead.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes thats correct. Only way to open contact card is from dialers history page or the people hub.

Its a small brainfart from MS and I hope they add this to the phonebook.

People hub lost its meaning (for me at least) since they removed the history page. I dont pin people hub anymore at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss