What can Windows Phone do that iOS and Android can't?

UCYIWORK

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
As a loyal WP user I'm often asked this question. With MS focusing on transitioning more into services and pushing more of their products/services cross platform this question becomes increasingly harder to answer. From a company (MS) perspective it's extremely lucative to focus on services. At the same time the company must drive WP to a preferred platform. To help accomplish this MS services that are cross platform must be best experienced on MS products.

Of course the APP situation is currently an uncontrollable pain point and you can't dispute an end-user looking for a specific app (ex: xyz banking) that doesn't exist in our ecosystem however WP needs more unique/useful offerings that the competitors can't duplicate. Many users and sales representatives are quick to dismiss WP without ever trying it let alone those who have tried it and complain about something needed as minor as a game (ex: Candy Crush).

If MS could partner with a leading developer on the next 'must have' app or game maybe the tides will begin shifting in our favor. Some exclusivity in access and features would be needed. Imbedding KINECT into WP sounds like a great idea in theory and will be useful however Samsung started using a touchless tracking system in 2013 which means KINECT will have to offer significantly more features to be a real game changer. Hopefully imbedding KINECT will not impeed features or performance like was discovered with the XBOX ONE.

I would definitely like to hear from others to list current advantages in choosing WP and what else you think WP needs outside of APPs that would make WP standout from the competition.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have not used other platforms apart from WP for a long time now, but one thing I see different from my friends around - I can drive my car with a complete offline navigation system (Nokia Here maps) while my friends with Android & iPhone in their hands wonder how I am going without data. You can attribute this more towards application feature, but thats a difference I see in a daily life.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
lagfree experience,excellent build quality,well built apps,better battery life and best of all -does what a phone should do
balanced experience-not too closed not too open
major updates every few months with real new features unlike kitkat 4.4.3 and ios 8 which dont really feel like major updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05