Huawei Ascend W1 WP 8.1 SD-card not found after update

W

WPCentral Question

Hello everybody,

I've got a problem with the SD-card (8gig) after updating to WP 8.1 last night. The mobile (a Huawei ascend W1) cant see the SD-card anymore. I left it inside the phone when i updated it, without even thinking about what could happen. Now, after not being able to find it, i've tried 2 things. I connected the mobile with my pc, but it couldn't find it (btw, I don't have a SD-card reader). The other was to run the mobile without the battery in it(pull out the battery while charging, it should stay on) and pulling out the SD-card and then putting it in it again. Both didn't work.
So now I'm asking you, is there anyway i can "revive" my SD-card, or should I be buyng a new one?

I hope you guys can help me!

VolkerRacho

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Try plugging it onto a charger (Wall supply, not USB). Then remove the battery (Phone remains alive, DON'T turn it off), remove the SD-Card, move it back in, put the battery back in and ta-da, it might work.

Most People using the W1 reported, that this works. For me it doesn't.

If it works with your device, please inform me wich card you use (Manufacturer, Storage and Class)

Ah, sorry, didn't read your post to the end. My fault. You already tried that. So you got the same Problem. I'll try getting a class 10 card next days. If it works, i'll report.

Thijs Hiemstra

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Try plugging it onto a charger (Wall supply, not USB). Then remove the battery (Phone remains alive, DON'T turn it off), remove the SD-Card, move it back in, put the battery back in and ta-da, it might work.

Most People using the W1 reported, that this works. For me it doesn't.

If it works with your device, please inform me wich card you use (Manufacturer, Storage and Class)

Ah, sorry, didn't read your post to the end. My fault. You already tried that. So you got the same Problem. I'll try getting a class 10 card next days. If it works, i'll report.

I tried a new SD card, a class 10 32 GB, It didn't work. So next step is a mail to windows (seeing how Huawei probably doesn't know how to solve a problem with a OS they don't use). I'll keep you informed!

BTW, i'm the same guy who made this thread, but i made an account now.

Tarvi Kallaste

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi there!

So I needed to reset my phone and to make sure my phone accidentally wouldn't reset my SD-card too, I removed it for the reset. After that I encountered the same problem - SD-card not found! After I found out that it is a common problem for us Huwawei users and after trying everything that could be tried I gave up hope and reset my phone for last time, but this time I left the SD-card in the phone. After reset... voila! - SD card recognized. I don't know if it helps but maybe you should try this aswell. Reset your phone WITH your SD-card in it.

Peace! ;)

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by resetting the phone? Do you mean just powering down and then restarting it again? Or do you mean going to Settings->About and tapping the Reset your phone box?

Deddy Lesmana

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Same case with my huawei W1, but it's work for me to pull out the battery and remove the SDcard, do not use the wall charger.....try with the battery/power bank, it's work for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital