Nokia lumia 630, lumia 720 or samsung galaxy s4 mini?

W

WPCentral Question

I don't know which one I should choose: lumia 630 ' 720 or galaxy s4 mini.

What I find important:

1. Privacy
2. Speed
3. Screen
4. Battery life
5. Camera

Can you guys please help me?

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

What I find important:

1. Privacy
2. Speed
3. Screen
4. Battery life
5. Camera

they all have your requirements, toss a coin and enjoy your 14 day grace period to change as needed

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Privacy, on Windows phone is the best, search the and see by your self.
Speed, Lumia 720 with 1Ghz and it's compatibly with the hardware and the software....😁
Screen 4.3 LCD with clear black display, works great even under direct sunlight, and it's so sensitive.
Battery life more than 24 hours with hard use.
The camera 6.3 mg, Carl Zeiss optics, takes great pics in low light conditions.
This is a small list of its features.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Go for 720, It has a pretty good main camera. Superb battery and has one of the best ffc out there. Minuses?? No LTE nor SD memory. But the pros outweighs the cons, must above all, it feels and fits great in your hands.

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Go for 720, It has a pretty good main camera. Superb battery and has one of the best ffc out there. Minuses?? No LTE nor SD memory. But the pros outweighs the cons, must above all, it feels and fits great in your hands.

Lumia 720 have an SD card slot I have one. If the promise of Lumia cyan update holds true the Lumia 720 has the best camera among the 3. But if you don't want the ecosystem go the galaxy way. Maybe an s4 has some low price now.

riteshlive

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have Lumia 630 ,it has 1.2gh processor vs lumia720's 1 gh
It has 512 ram but the games runs smooth on 630 but con is camera 📷 not great quality

revanthpallagani

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I think you got the answer already, I too would suggest 720. I had 720 in the past and it is nothing less than impressive.

It checks all your boxes

1. Privacy - WP is considered the best (if you are that considerate about others accessing your data I suggest don't save that kind of data on your SD card, it beats the point of having encryption or lock on your phone.. save that in phone memory)
2. Speed - You will never want to go back to Android after using this baby
3. Screen - Brilliant, even though the resolution is 'low' you never feel it
4. Battery life - Very Impressive. With moderate to heavy usage I used to get one and half day consistently. You will never regret in this aspect
5. Camera - One of the best, period. You get beautiful photographs, look around the blogs for pics shot in 720 to get an idea.

This phone is a gem, I would say one the best phones in Lumia series. I currently own a 1020 and I had no compelling reason to switch, just that I got a good deal on 1020. The only weaker point is 512 MB of RAM, but this would not be a deal breaker unless you are too inclined towards heavy games. Do keep in mind that WP app store is not as brimmed with apps as Android, you do have almost all the essential apps and well its still growing.

Not impressed by 630, I haven't used it but frankly I don't like it from what I have read, it feels like a downgrade. Not a big fan of the Galaxy Mini series, they always look sub-standard when compared to the flagships they are based on, sorry cant help with regards to S4 mini.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

What I find important:

1. Privacy
Say what you will about Google and Microsoft, but its not an easy question. Ignoring the services attached to the devices, both OSes can be secure from the average joe, you have options on both sides. Because of the freedom given by Android, malware is a possibility but currently not a likelihood just yet if you exercise common sense.

2. Speed
The Lumia 630 might have a slight edge over the 720, but I hold it as negligible.
The S4 Mini is more powerful, and Android will likely work, however Samsung's additional bloat can potentially bog down the device. Performance can be improved, it will likely be workable. I can't say since I don't have firsthand experience. (except with a HTC Aria, which was usable with 800 Mhz single core, 384 MB RAM) It likely won't be the laggy disaster many like to call Android.

3. Screen
The 630 has the worst display, but the largest. Then the 720, then the S4 Mini. However, the Lumia 720 (dont know about the other two) has super sensitive touch. Both Lumia's have a sunlight readability mode I dont think I've seen elsewhere.
The S4 Mini's is sharper and probably the same size as the 720's. The display tech is different too.

4. Battery life
I expect the 720 to be the best, followed by the other two. The 630 and S4 mini benefit from a replaceable battery.
5. Camera
The 720's performance in low light is relatively good, the 630's is the worst overall camera, the S4 mini likely slots in either better or worse than the 720's. I don't know firsthand.

My input in bold above.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The 630 and 720 can be had for under 200$ the S4 mini is way more expensive than either of them at around 350$. In fact you might be able to get both the 630 and the 720 for what you would have to pay for a S4 mini. Plus the S4 mini comes with a dual core processor not like the quad in the S4. The S4 mini was cut back on features to get the price down from the S4. My brother has one and its nice; but I think too expensive for what you are gettting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes