Trouble pairing Bluetooth with BlackBerry and Android

Ajju711

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Im having trouble pairing my windows phone (which is running version 7.10) with my BlackBerry as well as my wife's Android.
Upon research arrived at the conclusion that it's a known issue. The workarounds suggested in various forums seem too haphazard and i've tried a couple but I'm not satisfied. Has anyone come across a full proof way or workaround (if there is no clear way indeed) that is guaranteed to work everytime?
Im pretty satisfied with my windows phone experience as the graphics and the overall experience is pretty smooth. But things like these at times makes me wish I had a lagdroid

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What version of android or blackberry are you trying to pair with? 7.10 is a fairly old version of Windows phone and I think if you used the Zune software you could update to 7.8, depending on the phone you have. 7.10 will be supporting an older Bluetooth standard more than likely compared to the other phones.

Ajju711

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
i have the dell venue pro and i just had it updated and i believe 7.10 is above 7.8 (at least numerically it seems so).
If that is not the case (id be surprised) I would indeed try to see if I could get it updated.
But can't I apply some patch or something in case update isn't an option? Or has MS completely left win7 users in the lurch?

Ajju711

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
i checked again and yes my software version is indeed 7.8 . It is the oS version which is 7.10 which had me thinking why would i need to "pull back" to 7.8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss