1520 battery problem WP 8.1

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Every since the last 8.1 update my phone seems to die faster but the biggest issue I have is when I charge it, it still dies faster than it charges while under basic use. Instead of getting s charge it just dies slower. I can understand this happening while using FB or something but it's been happening while doing basic stuff like internet explorer, or Bing news. Any body got any suggestions to fix this?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are numerous threads, packed with people's experiences and experimentation.

I'd say the best one-stop is a hard reset after the update.

But hey, a soft reset first should be done, then the other odds and ends that could be happening. There's a lot of factors, and it varies from person to person. I would try skimming some relevant threads and also see what others have to say.

RitaKS

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I was having same problem with my battery. I tried rebooting it and it did no good. Then I tried restoring it to factory setting and reloading it one application at a time. After that, the screen would say "loading" upon waking my phone up. And it would freeze randomly as well.

I called Nokia, explained the situation and they took me to a link at nokiausa.com. From there, I downloaded Nokia recovery and repair tool to my computer. That file extracted the 8.1 from my phone. (They asked if my upgrade was the predeveloper's--which it wasn't. It was from ATT.) After using that tool for bug fixes, I then reloaded 8.1 from my phone's update setting and everything seems to be fine. I am using less than 3% battery life per hour. Not as good as before with 8.0, but much better than when I first upgraded to 8.1. I feel this is good because I am now keeping location activated constantly which I never did with 8.0. This "fix" from Nokia seems to have cured my freezing problem as well. Of course, I just did this yesterday evening, so it remains to be seen exactly how well the phone will perform. But for now, it seems Nokia has solved my problem. Gotta love Nokia!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon