Battery performance deteriorating. How can I fix it?

W

WPCentral Question

Dear team .
with great regards,

I bought a brand new Nokia Lumia 521 a month ago . Previously whenever I charged MY mobile its used to show 100% and 1day 3 hr.

But now when I charge my phone's battery full, It shows 100% 14hr 1 minute. and battery goes down sooner then before.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure who the 'team' is but I'll offer a suggestion.

I would suggest doing one or both things.

Soft reset - Hold power and Volume down at the same time until phone vibrates and then release. This is equivalent to what people call a battery pull. No files are lost.

Hard reset (more likely to solve your problem) - Settings -> About -> Reset phone - This will erase everything on your phone so be sure to backup prior to doing this. All app data will be lost unless the dev has enabled backup.

Hopefully the first one works for you. What happens sometimes is that a program becomes 'stuck' and that can cause your battery to drain quicker. Also you can read this and see if it helps at all.

17 tips to extend battery life on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The time remaining is a relatively inaccurate estimate by the phone attempting to foresee usage.
I found it has an initial time that it sticks to, but adjusts it as time goes on, sometimes drastically as everyone uses their phone differently.

But anyways, your battery is actually draining faster, so a soft reset would be first. Have you changed any settings or installed any new apps lately? Any usage change?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6