Nokia Lumia 1020 Videos Not Saving!

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date

chrismarts

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm this behavior. Started happening with a recent update. Rate the app with 1 star in the Store and leave a brief comment like "Recent update causes videos to not save properly or at all." WPC editors - maybe post an article about this? Save some people some heartache when they record videos only to go back and find none of them have saved?

The workaround is to use the built-in camera app for recording videos.

Also this seems like a big bug but it has been weeks without a fix. Maybe they somehow just don't know about it.

refsens

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and just registered to say that I am experiencing the same issue!

some weeks ago, videos were not being saved, and it could be related to latest Nokia Camera app updates, since it was working nicely before. What is very funny is that videos do show up when the phone is connected to the PC, but they only last for 2 sec, and occupy around 4.99 or 5MB. They do not show up in the gallery of the phone.

I read here that a restoration of the whole system would help, and so I did. I did a reset, and had to reinstall (fortuntately this was done automatically) and sorted all my apps in the homescreen... After that, all my videos were being saved correctly. However I noticed yesterday the problem came back again. Videos are not being saved.

I have not heard of any solution, so I'm a bit desperated, and disgusted. I can't trust the lumia 1020 for videos and that is really bad for Microsoft/Nokia.

Hope there is a solution, and it comes asap.

thanks for reading

Jacob Bak

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I think I figured a fix out. Nokia camera is the problem. If you choose camera, then it works perfectly. No issue. I just recorded a 10 min video randomly with it. I saved it to my phone. Now to try saving it to sd.

Try using camera(the non Nokia one)

you are a god, thankyou

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Try this......hopefully it helps
Open Nokia camera, tap the 3 dots, go to settings, all the way at the bottom, you'll see the under line with" Find photos and videos shot with Nokia Camera". just tap on it.
See if this help

Kat Hall

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
go to store and search for file manager theres one by microsoft and it let me find all my videos that were not saved to my camera roll. hope this helps :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos