Nokia Lumia 1020 Videos Not Saving!

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Yesterday, I went to a concert and took a bunch of photos and videos. The photos are all there, but the videos seem to have disappeared! I realized it this morning and tried to take a short test video. It didn't show up in my camera roll at all! For some reason, the videos that I take are not saving to my camera roll. Can anybody help with this?

On another note, I tried downloading a recovery software to see if I could recover these videos, but my mac doesn't recognize my windows phone as a drive. Does anybody know how I can fix this as well?

nafilnaf

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Me again. I made an account to add more info.

Before, my phone had absolutely no problem taking video. It still has 13gb of free space, so I know that's not the problem. I tried plugging it in and searching for the videos through the windows phone mac app by "browse files" and I even imported all my files to iPhoto and searched for them there. My videos are nowhere to be found.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem...pics even multiplied.... The cause... An SD card that wasn't official and deletes the videos and pics. Record another video but go to settings and make sure it gets saved to phone and not SD card. If it saves..then you have a dodgy SD card. Hope that helps mate. Love to have an update 😊

nafilnaf

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem...pics even multiplied.... The cause... An SD card that wasn't official and deletes the videos and pics. Record another video but go to settings and make sure it gets saved to phone and not SD card. If it saves..then you have a dodgy SD card. Hope that helps mate. Love to have an update ��

Thanks, but that's not my problem. The Nokia Lumia 1020 does not have removable storage. The only option is to save to the phone. I don't have an SD card to save to. But thank you for the suggestion.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
My apologies... I forgot about that. Its not the best suggestion but try to go to camera, settings and then reset camera. Then turn phone off and on again and see if that helps. If not then a total factory reset may be the only and last option. If you do always back up your phone. Saying that...have you back all your pics up to the SkyDrive? As the pics may be a hidden a file and may show up on skydrive pics. Please let me know the outcome and i will try other ideas for you 😊

nafilnaf

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I didn't have access to wifi at the concert, so they didn't get backed up while I was at the concert, but all the photos did get backed up when I got home. I checked SkyDrive and all of the photos were there, along with a 1 second video that I took by accident, but all my other videos were gone. I don't think the problem is that the videos are disappearing, but that they are either going somewhere else or not saving at all because I tried taking a test video this morning and I couldn't find it anywhere.

And also, I did try turning the phone off and on again. Didn't help. I'm not so eager to do a factory reset, but I guess I'll have to if there's no other option.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Before you do that go to the app store and type phone system... They will be an app (forget which one) that lets you see what's on your phone in the files and from there you will be able to see where the video is stored. There are a good few apps thankfully but to find the right one will take a while or maybe not. Good luck and keep me updated 😊

nafilnaf

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Before you do that go to the app store and type phone system... They will be an app (forget which one) that lets you see what's on your phone in the files and from there you will be able to see where the video is stored. There are a good few apps thankfully but to find the right one will take a while or maybe not. Good luck and keep me updated ��

Sorry, I'm not finding the app you're referring to. I found several apps that tell me how much of each media I have (for example, it tells me I have 507 pictures, 452 songs, etc.) but it doesn't show me specific files, nor where they are saved.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...that is tricky..but i know the 8.1 update will let you go into files. So you can hard reset or hold out to 8.1 come out. Sorry once again if i didn't give a good answer (am a newbie) but hopefully someone with more experience will help 😊

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I figured a fix out. Nokia camera is the problem. If you choose camera, then it works perfectly. No issue. I just recorded a 10 min video randomly with it. I saved it to my phone. Now to try saving it to sd.

Try using camera(the non Nokia one)

nafilnaf

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Okay, well I just tried taking a video and it worked. And it was with the normal nokia camera too. The video saved to the camera roll perfectly. But the thing is, I haven't done anything to my phone. And plus, my videos from yesterday are still missing. Now if only I could figure out a way to recover them...

The one day of the year when I actually take meaningful video and I don't have my video. :p The universe was just not in my favor that day. Oh well, thanks for all your help. I really appreciate your efforts.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Bro it happened to me also.. Weird that videos are not saving....i recorded a important video and it did not save... After that I recorded a small video it saved very weird

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys I found it...even thou videos were not showing in the gallery it was still saved I uses the official file manager and found videos there. Then I dumped everything on the comp and I have all the videos I recorded....iam planing a format now...newaz iam full only 500 mb left

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim

sriramgana

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem too. Using the nokia camera is hit and miss now - it saves sometime and doesn't some time. The regular camera seems to work fine. Also, I tried connecting the phone to the computer and look in windows explorer for the files on the phone - all my videos that weren't showing up on camera roll are there but only a truncated version :( - I really need one of the videos that I took on my birthday - I am able to see a few seconds of it through windows explorer but not the full one. So, this is obviously some bug that is really annoying.

As for the files app that someone suggested, that is an old version not available on WP8. So, don't know if there is a different one. I tried downloading some free ones like "file explorer" from the marketplace but they dint help find these videos.

if anyone else has suggestions, will be greatly appreciated - I need to recover those videos!

Sjoof

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Serious problems since recent Nokia Camera update. Movie sometimes saves, saves first 2 seconds or doesnt save at all. I missed great moments on my holiday.
I ' m 90% convinced it is caused by the update from early this month.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb