Phone was working phone with the 8.10.12397.895 update on my Lumia 928....UNTIL I plugged in some headphones and now the volume control is stuck in headphones mode, and I can no longer make calls without a headset, or must use speakerphone.
    Pretty sure its not a hardware issue, as the speaker still works for text notifications and alarm !

Have hard reset the phone twice.....the first using backup restore, but issue still continued. And latest hard reset I did not restore and went with a clean hard reset. Still stuck in headphones only.....which do work. BUT......I would like to NOT have the hassle of using a stupid headset for everything.

Any word on this bug ???
    Lets get on this Microsoft !!
    07-08-2014 10:50 AM
    Sounds more like something is shorting the contacts in the headphone socket, if it's showing in headphone mode with nothing plugged in.
    07-08-2014 11:19 AM
    Wouldn't that cut out the speaker for everything though?
    Speaker works just fine for txt alerts and alarms.....
    07-08-2014 11:24 AM
    I recently start having this issue also. But this is on my 1520. Soft reset a few times, bur no luck. Was hoping for a solution in forums. Looks like hard reset wont work either..

Delay my last. This rectified itself after a few cycles of headphone in/out and then making a regular call.
    Last edited by CSJr1; 07-13-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    07-13-2014 03:48 PM
    Phone was working phone with the 8.10.12397.895 update on my Lumia 928....UNTIL I plugged in some headphones and now the volume control is stuck in headphones mode, and I can no longer make calls without a headset, or must use speakerphone.
    Pretty sure its not a hardware issue, as the speaker still works for text notifications and alarm !

Have hard reset the phone twice.....the first using backup restore, but issue still continued. And latest hard reset I did not restore and went with a clean hard reset. Still stuck in headphones only.....which do work. BUT......I would like to NOT have the hassle of using a stupid headset for everything.

Any word on this bug ???
    Lets get on this Microsoft !!
    This issue is present in my cousin's iPod 2g also. This indicates a problem with the headphones 🎧 jack. Switch off the phone 📱, and clean the 3.5mm jack worth some cloth/cotton dipped in isopropyl alcohol. I'd the issue still doesn't go away, try a hard reset before going to Nokia care. They will fix it for you. Perhaps you broke the jack while inserting the headphones 🎧.
    07-13-2014 04:08 PM
    Wouldn't that cut out the speaker for everything though?
    Speaker works just fine for txt alerts and alarms.....
    Even if you plug in headphones 🎧, alarms, texts and calls will still ring through birth the speaker and headphones 🎧. The logic being that if somebody plugs in headphones 🎧 and leaves the phone 📱 without unplugging the headphones 🎧, he can still hear the ring and not miss any notification.
    07-13-2014 04:11 PM
    Use Nokia software tool to reinstall as brand new or back up all your data and do a factory reset. Hopefully it will work then
    07-13-2014 09:15 PM