Can I use the "files" - WP native file manager - to install apps from SD card?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi! The question is self-explaining! But still, can I use the WP native file manager by MS - "Files" - to install apps from SD card? Like, in Android, we can copy/paste .apk file from PC to SD card and install the app from the file manager, can I do the same with "files"?

Marcelo Velazquez

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You can't actually. I tried it once, and it seemed to start installing, but then said it couldn't go further with the installation. The temporal files took twice the size of the xap ( installing asphalt 8), and remained like that for a week, before the system could clean it up.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
You can't actually. I tried it once, and it seemed to start installing, but then said it couldn't go further with the installation. The temporal files took twice the size of the xap ( installing asphalt 8), and remained like that for a week, before the system could clean it up.

So, the installation started on your phone, but couldn't proceed. But at least it started installing, right? May be the problem is faced just by you.
Thanks anyway! I'll try it myself too! :) But....... God knows when the Lumia 930 is coming to India!!! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss