Is anyone have a problem with the applications Resuming.. after the Cyan update?

jgservices

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Question about "Resuming...." to all Cyan recipients

Hi all lucky Lumia Cyan update recipients,

I'd like to know your experience on applications "Resuming..." now that you have the update. Is it any better than the Developer Preview (if you had it previously)? I heard even most 930's and 1520's had that problem with updated hardware.

I really hope they get it together because for devices with 1GB+ there should be no excuses on the resuming front by now.

Please post your thoughts and experiences with the device model if you'd like!

Using a Lumia 920 from Rogers Canada

​Thanks!

tejanaqkilica

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Question about "Resuming...." to all Cyan recipients

Well from what I've heard, the "Resuming" problem other than system issues, is also coding problem, some apps are not written in perfect way to "fit" the system so... Anyway hope that this issue will be solved by Microsoft with software updates and also by developers. (story about my English, have a nice day)

jgservices

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Well from what I've heard, the "Resuming" problem other than system issues, is also coding problem, some apps are not written in perfect way to "fit" the system so... Anyway hope that this issue will be solved by Microsoft with software updates and also by developers. (story about my English, have a nice day)

Fair enough. I know it's a two way street but as far as I'm concerned, there should be policies in place for any apps coming into the 8.1 environment that they have to be updated to take advantage of this. This would reduce bad reviews and frustration all around

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Further adding, has anyone running the Cyan update seen any 'resuming...'/'loading...' screens in parts of the system? (i.e. going back to Start, opening the messaging hub)

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Fair enough. I know it's a two way street but as far as I'm concerned, there should be policies in place for any apps coming into the 8.1 environment that they have to be updated to take advantage of this. This would reduce bad reviews and frustration all around

Also as far as I'm concerned if you use the newest version of Silverlight or WinRT to develop your app it will include the fast resume code by default

Stephen Hatch

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

I've noticed shortly after installing/uninstalling the Live Home Screen Beta app that every time I turn on the device I'm prompted with resuming.....even when I have zero apps running in the background. Takes sometimes up to a min for it to go to home on my 1520.

I'm about to wipe my device.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed shortly after installing/uninstalling the Live Home Screen Beta app that every time I turn on the device I'm prompted with resuming.....even when I have zero apps running in the background. Takes sometimes up to a min for it to go to home on my 1520.

I'm about to wipe my device.

You may wish to try this to fix the problem:
How to fix the 'resuming' bug after uninstalling Live Lock Screen beta | Windows Phone Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro