So, like everyone i've been waiting on windows 8.1 update and now i have few questions. On the top line on my screen is wifi icon and 3G and what not, but at the wifi icon there is an arrow pointing up and from posts on the internet i realised i am one of the few who has this problem. That arrow representes data traffic coming from and to my phone. It only appears on wifi network and it wouldn't be such problem if it wouldn't be draining battery so fast. I would like to know how to prevent apps using wifi, because i disabled them all in settings. The update has changed settings and applications so i am a bit confused where to go and i can't find nothing useful on any forum.
    Ps.: Why do i need xbox live account to alter settings in video player. I am under the age of 18 and if i sign in with a different acc, i would lose all my stuff on phone.
    Looking forward to an answer,
    a farely new user of windows phone.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-16-2014 12:31 PM
    So you are now running Cyan? Chances are that you now no longer have the ability to turn off applications running in the background
    07-16-2014 05:17 PM