Popping sound when navigating through media-Lumia 1520

MicrosoftFan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
When ever I fast forward/rewind through my music Youtube videos ect there is a poping sound present.Does anyone have 1520 with similar issue or do you think its my particular device that has a defective speaker.I am running 8.1 sound I think my warranty is invalid

pinto123

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue from L920 - DP 8.1 update, pop sound still remains, i guess this will be sorted by CYAN, hopefully. i dont think its related to hardware, looks more of software bug....next update may fix it!!! or we have to live with it, till we change device! :sweaty:

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Same here, 1020 with dp.. What's more worrying is that my gf has a cyan updated 925, and still has the same problem..........

Goes away when connecting my Bluetooth headset though

Edit:
Maybe its a 8.1 feature :D

i2386

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
When ever I fast forward/rewind through my music Youtube videos ect there is a poping sound present.Does anyone have 1520 with similar issue or do you think its my particular device that has a defective speaker.I am running 8.1 sound I think my warranty is invalid

Hi am so glad I found this forum and this post!! You are not alone and its not hardware as I had 8 and upgraded and have this issue + lots of other bugs and browser crashes and reboots. I will try and downgrade back to 8 when at least it worked minus the important Notification bar which is the only real thing I really want its just not worth the Hansel. To buggy and wrecked my experience.

I have copied my post that I made about this on Microsoft forum. I have also spoken to Microsoft Support and they have confirmed the same issue is happening, so its not your phone! its software

My Post from Microsoft forum:

My phone Nokia 1020 was working fine. I then downloaded the over the air update for 8.1 and Cyan on Thursday 7th August from O2.

Since then I have experienced the following:

USING BUILT IN SPEAKER:- When I play video in any App with a video scrubber and I scrub the video time-line and realise the scrubber it makes a LOUD click.

I have tried:

Mytube
Metrotube
Tubepro
And playing a recorded video in Photos App (i.e Microsoft one) they all now have a loud click (pop)

PLUG IN HEADPHONES:- There is no load click (It plays how it used to)

The odd bit =

USING BUILT IN SPEAKER - Playing music tracks (mp3s etc) and scrubbing there is no LOUD click! is fine
Also Playing YouTube Videos in the webbrower there is no load click!!

I have just downloaded 'xVideo' App and played a HD Music video in it and used scrubber and there is NO loud click!

Nokia Story Teller also no clicking / popping but 8.1 update has wrecked that and it does not play 3/4 videos anyway

so much for the 8.1 experience, more of a downgrade :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire