Nokia Lumina 920

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes. If you're here in the US with ATT as your carrier, you'll have to be patient (me too). In addition to the Windows 8.1 update, we'll be receiving the Nokia Cyan firmware update.

Microsoft released the update to carriers a couple of weeks ago, but then reports starting coming in that users who were using 8.1 Developer's Preview (same version as we'll be getting, released ahead of time to developers so they could update apps) were having problems when the cyan firmware update was installed. The issue is a problem with compatibility between cyan firmware, windows 8.1, and bitlocker encryption.

In a nutshell, they have some tweaking to do. After that, ATT will take their own sweet time testing and tweaking further. Almost certainly, they'll remove the DataSense utility that enables you to see which apps are using up your data plan. I'm just hoping they don't remove Qi wireless charging (ATT has thrown their support behind another wireless charging standard).

So, we'll get there. Ideally, sooner rather than later.

aseferian

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I share your skepticism about AT&T. But although they've abandoned Qi on their new devices, why would they stop supporting it on a device that's already equipped with it?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon