WP 8.1 DP multiple start screens in the app switcher

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am facing an issue often on my Nokia Lumia 720. On holding the back button, all the apps running disappear and the screen blackens. Then after a few seconds multiple start screen appear. This happens often when 4-5 apps are open in background. And when I tap the start screen thumbnail in the app switcher, a never ending loading screen appears. Is anyone else facing this issue? Does anyone have solution other than having a hard reset because that didn't work for me?
wp_ss_20140720_0001.png

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried and performed a soft reset? I've been running the 8.1 DP on two devices from the day it became available and I've never faced such issues.

I have this issue on my lumia 920. Soft reset didn't fixed. Later I tired a hard reset , somehow the problem was resolved but it arose with new problem hehe. My device is now running windows phone 8.0.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I did soft reset multiple times as well as a hard reset about a month ago. My friend who also has a L720 faces this issue sometimes.

Hey if you se fed up with this issue why not downgrade and wait for the fixes ? I am doing the same with that I am getting excellent battery life like I used to get on my trust device. Use Nokia recovery tool to downgrade to GDR3+BLACK firmware.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery backup is not the problem. I am getting the same battery backup on DP as I used to get on WP 8.0. Even the start screens disappear after some time. The major issue is the never ending "Loading...." screen on pressing the Windows key.
Hey if you se fed up with this issue why not downgrade and wait for the fixes ? I am doing the same with that I am getting excellent battery life like I used to get on my trust device. Use Nokia recovery tool to downgrade to GDR3+BLACK firmware.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Battery backup is not the problem. I am getting the same battery backup on DP as I used to get on WP 8.0. Even the start screens disappear after some time. The major issue is the never ending "Loading...." screen on pressing the Windows key.
You do know that you are running developer preview on your Lumia 720 without proper firmware? I am very much sure cyan firmware update should tinker such issues. Just wait for the firmware update for now :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6