How do I upgrade to 8.1 on a L1520 running 8.1 Beta

MicrosoftFan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I am running 8.1 Beta on my l1520 and would ro upgrade to official 8.1 and figure I would have to restore my phone to 8.0 first.I am not sure how to do this and wondering if anyone knows what to do

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to Upgrade to 8.1 from L1520 running 8.1 Beta

**Back up all important data to a computer or memory card before starting. It will be lost in the downgrade.

Download Nokia Software Recovery tool and install. Run it, it will ask you to plug your phone in. When it sees your phone there should be a button labelled install (or words to that effect). Press that and don't unplug the phone or anything until it's finished.

There is a more detailed guide somewhere on here but that's the short version.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
After you hit go, the phone will restart and the screen will go red, with "NOKIA" in white near the top of the screen and a progress bar. Just let it do it's thing and eventually the bar will fill and the background will go from red to green, then the phone will restart again and you *should* be on the initial set up screen - as if you've switched it on for the first time after taking it out of the box.

MicrosoftFan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your help and patience with.It turns out one of the USB ports on my PC isn't working for what ever reason that's what was causing the issue with recovery tool.Again thanks for your help and patience !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa