Can I run exe files on my phone

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Ok you can say no but isn't there any hack/trick for this ? Surface RT and Rt 2 can run exe files wlth a trlck. There is some video about it on YouTube. The problem is WinRT and WP runs on same core (NT 6,2 or 6,3 on arm) can we apply this trick to Windows phone??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Short answer is a resounding No. (Also, you LITERALLY WAITED 11 minutes before bumping! That has to be a record!)

Windows RT, is essentially x86/normal desktop Windows recompiled for ARM. Thus, when the security restrictions are broken, some programs like .Net ones can run I believe since its in a similar environment (don't expect to run all EXEs, only a small drop in the bucket have a chance at working, everything else would need to be rebuilt.)
BUT, Windows Phone is completely different. Sure, it is similar/the same at the core, but that doesn't make up for the fundamental differences higher up.

Sure, its technically possible, like its technically possible to run Android on our phones, but it is just rendered near-impossible by security and other restrictions, and time, difficulty, etc.

Now given the horsepower, I would imagine an x86 emulator is possible, but not going to be particularly fast.

Last edited:

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Short answer is a resounding No. (Also, you LITERALLY WAITED 11 minutes before bumping! That has to be a record!)

Windows RT, is essentially x86/normal desktop Windows recompiled for ARM. Thus, when the security restrictions are broken, some programs like .Net ones can run I believe since its in a similar environment (don't expect to run all EXEs, only a small drop in the bucket have a chance at working, everything else would need to be rebuilt.)
BUT, Windows Phone is completely different. Sure, it is similar/the same at the core, but that doesn't make up for the fundamental differences higher up.

Sure, its technically possible, like its technically possible to run Android on our phones, but it is just rendered near-impossible by security and other restrictions, and time, difficulty, etc.

Now given the horsepower, I would imagine an x86 emulator is possible, but not going to be particularly fast.

Man you are the best. You are answering all my threads and others threads.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Man you are the best. You are answering all my threads and others threads.

There's a reason he's been thanked 829 times (;

Oh-stop-it-you.png
you guys are too nice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6