Cyan Update - Music Slider?

W

WPCentral Question

Hi there, after the new update is there now a slider in the music app that lets you select the exact spot for your music to play by the second (opposed to holding the forward/back song buttons)?

Also does this show up on the lock screen?

I saw one video that did have a big circle on the line of the music playing which leads me to believe it was in.

-------------

Also has anyone had any issues running the windows 8.1 dev preview on the lumia 1020? I'm looking to upgrade and in Canada that's really the only good model available but it looks great. The dual core though is concerning me over getting a quad core WP

Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think I know which vid you mean.. It was a very old vid and it's possible that the slider was part of the build that the user had at that moment, but was later cut from the official build that was released to the general public :)

See the people that work on these builds (8.0 or 8.1) get to test it on their phones first, sometimes we get leaked vids from them (ssshhh don't tell anyone lol) and we get to see features that might or might not be part of the version MS releases to us..
That slider was one of those features they did not release, but we might still get it in a future update :)

Remember MS promised us two GDR updates for this year so... :p

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
A slider like the one you described would not be found in a firmware update but rather an OS or app update. For Xbox Music it was in the form of an app update which I believe is only available for 8.1 at this time.

talek

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm the OP

Hmm yeah I might have to get a 3rd party music app whenever I need to use the slider. But hopefully the base music app will be updated down the road. Not a deal breaker.

I'm waiting to see how the lumia 1020 performs on cyan before my purchase... I've had my iphone go through enough iterations of ios to see a downgrade

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm the OP

Hmm yeah I might have to get a 3rd party music app whenever I need to use the slider. But hopefully the base music app will be updated down the road. Not a deal breaker.

I'm waiting to see how the lumia 1020 performs on cyan before my purchase... I've had my iphone go through enough iterations of ios to see a downgrade

Im posting say there WILL be an update for the music player. You will get it when you update to 8.1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon