Nokia Phone Warranty - Can this be right - What do You Think ?

wild-bill-hiccup

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Ive been having a problem with a new Nokia Lumia 925 which I purchased a week ago , it had the symptom of the Grip of Death ( the signal disappearing when you touched the phone ) . I took the Lumia 925 to my local official Nokia Care Center and the technician checked the phone and came to the conclusion that an internal antenna may be faulty , and the phone has to be returned to the main Nokia head service center for repair , which I'm happy with .

When The Nokia Care Center receptionists entered the phones IMEI number into the Nokia database computer , it showed that the phones warranty would end in two months time . When I told the Nokia Care receptionists I had purchased the phone brand new , only one week ago, and asked her how can the phone only have two months warranty left , the receptionists said that when a Nokia phone is purchased by a Nokia phone reseller , that reseller then submits the phones IMEI number to Nokia , and the phones warranty period ( one year ) starts from the date that the Nokia phone reseller submits the IMIE to Nokia .

So if the the Nokia Care Center receptionists is correct , then if a Nokia phone reseller purchases a Nokia phone to re sell and registers the phones IMEI with Nokia , then the Nokia phone reseller keeps the phone in his stock for 11 months , then sells it , the buyer will only get one months warranty .

Surely this can't be correct - Can it ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon