Help me decide please - Lumia 1320 vs Moto G

AkkiCool

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey All,

I am planning on buying one of these two in very near future. Before I go any further let me reveal that I am a big fan of WP and had almost decided on Lumia 1320. The first thing which got me excited about WP was the overall smoothness of the OS and the refreshing look it offered. Everything was good and my choice was made. But then I saw Moto G.

Moto G is one fluid phone I must say. Doesn't lag and is a great performer. I need help from you guys in deciding on one of these. I might have posted this question on the android forum, but the reason I came here is so that you guys can make me feel confident about the lumia (I really want to buy that one, but Moto G is tempting). If I do opt for WP, its going to be 1320 (1 GB RAM + > 5' screen, couldn't find it in any other phone for the similar price).

So, I'd really appreciate if someone can put forth the pros and cons of the both (apps availability in WP store doesn't concern me). Why should I go for the Lumia 1320?

Thanks in advance!!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Moto G is a great phone but after some time it will lag. Read up on various forums and multiple people are complaining about it. Having said that, the beauty of WP is that is runs fluid even on low end devices so with 1GB RAM you cannot go wrong with a Lumia 1320. IMO, go ahead and get the 1320 over a Moto G.

AkkiCool

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot for taking out time and replying to my concern. Helps a lot, really appreciate. One of my friends have a Moto G, but he doesn't feel that the device has slowed down. Will take up your advice and visit the android forums though.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 things you need to decide between:

1. Windows Phone vs. Android
  2. 6.0" vs. 4.5"
Use those factors as your decision maker.

Thanks a lot for taking out time and replying to my concern. Helps a lot, really appreciate. One of my friends have a Moto G, but he doesn't feel that the device has slowed down. Will take up your advice and visit the android forums though.

I use a Moto G and I haven't had any issues with lag. TBH, I've had a lot more problems on my Lumia 920. But unless you get a faulty device you likely won't see it with either the 1320 or the Moto G. That should not be a deciding factor either way.

AkkiCool

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks tgp for your reply. Could you please tell me on what would I be missing on if I opt for WP? Again, the difference in the apps in the store isn't a problem for me. Where I live, WP has a strong presence and WP has all the apps I would ever need (except the official YouTube app).

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks tgp for your reply. Could you please tell me on what would I be missing on if I opt for WP? Again, the difference in the apps in the store isn't a problem for me. Where I live, WP has a strong presence and WP has all the apps I would ever need (except the official YouTube app).

mytube lets you play youtube audio in the background. Hd support for all. Customisable colurs. And loads of other features that you won't find in the official app. You'll be surprised at the quality of the third party apps on WP

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
you'll be mostly missing local apps like banks and certain games like clash of clans and candy crush. Most of the must haves are there already.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I'd go for the 1320 also. Once you go big, it's hard to go back. Games, movies, browsing are all that much better on a bigger screen. Also, you notice how often wp 8.1 is getting updated and more to come. Its an exciting times to be apart of the wp camp.

AkkiCool

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to believe so, but then there are uncertainties over the platform's future which have so often being highlighted over here at WPCentral.

One more thing, 1320 being nearly an year old device, is it going to get future updates like WP 8.5 or 9? Any word on that?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If apps aren't an issue, you probably won't miss anything with either device. The 1320 is huge, which could be a plus or minus for you. The Moto G costs less. Updates should be roughly equal. Both should get them rather quickly. If WP is popular where you live, then go for it! You can't go wrong either way though.

praveen9779

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
i was in same confusion 1month back but i took lumia 1320 bcoz i've seen moto g keep the talk aside that it's a good phone
the main thing is that it looks like a china phone from far as soon as u reverse it then u'll come to know that it's a moto
it is a great phone under the hood&talk around u but l1320 rocks,it feels premium than motog it offers u big screen it gives u all top required apps,phone is smooth as butter,battery lasts long,both the phones when u catch in hand feels bit weight,stock google launcher sucks if u add a 3rd party launcher everything in phone lags(lagging:not at the very moment u buy this made me change to wp) if u have a chance check both the phones in a shop (in india check moto g if ur friend has) n choice is upto u
i recommend l1320

AkkiCool

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everybody for your opinions and helping me in making the decision. WP 8.1 pretty much has all the features that a 2014 smartphone ought to have, and as many of you pointed out, I can't go wrong either way. Nothing stops me now in getting my lumia. And from what I have heard, 5mp shooter of 1320 which I think is comparable to many 8mp cameras out there (based on some sample images I saw) beats Moto G's 5mp, guess this is a plus along with the screen size. Will be ordering my first WP very soon.

I am sure this must have been pointed out before, but I'd also like to say that from what I saw, WP has so many 512 MB devices - people say that there is a lumia for everyone, I disagree. Every time I liked a WP for my budget, there was this RAM limitation which was a deal breaker. I would have loved to buy a 720, but with 512 MB RAM - no sir!!! Then there are these 1 gig devices but none with a bigger screen (5") and they are really costly. MSFT even continue releasing 512 MB devices - if Lumia 525 can have 1 gig, why can't a 630?

Anyways, thanks for taking out time and replying to this thread. I sincerely appreciate all the help.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
microSD card is one feature MotoG does not have unless you get the LTE version now with only 8GB and microSD card. Also the screen is a big difference. And camera is one really weak spot for Motorola and one really bright spot for Nokia. Even the lowliest of 5MP cameras on the 520 blows anything Motorola has out of the water.

Also WP is so much more fluid on a phone than Android anyway. Now if you were comparing 1320 and Moto X, that would be a different story.

Good luck!

saravananbaskaran

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Dude happily you can go with Moto g and you will receive direct updates from google for next three years. Also windows phone is growing very fast and I have been using 625 since 8 months never faced any issues. BATTERY backup is excellent I use many apps running background and performance never went down. But Moto g has battery issues too. When u compare both spec Moto G will be on top but performance I would say Windows Phones are Best. All the best for your new phone.

Thanks
Saravanan B
www.geturdeals.com - Latest Online Deals and Discounts

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to believe so, but then there are uncertainties over the platform's future which have so often being highlighted over here at WPCentral.

One more thing, 1320 being nearly an year old device, is it going to get future updates like WP 8.5 or 9? Any word on that?

don't worry about updates, the 7.8 device issue was due to wp7 using an old kernel. Now with wp8, the kernel is the same as windows 8 so you really shouldn't worry about updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes