Lumia 620 too old to buy now?

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I know Lumia 620 is bit old but still it intrests me. I am going to college from next month and am searching to buy a phone and kinda more inclined towards a Windows Phone especially Nokia. I am really having a tough time to choose bet ween Moto G and Lumia 620 (They are both same price now). In addition to this confusion Xiaomi mi3 also adds a lot of confusion. Help me choose the right one fronds. Lack of apps in Windows Phone doesn't really bother me. I like the looks of windows phone and how it will be different with a Windows in my hand. Is Lumia 620 really too old to buy now?

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I was in your situation not long ago and picked up a 620. It may be a little old but for what its worth its super smooth, the 8.1 update works perfectly and for what you pay you get a decent camera with good battery life too. Apps really aren't that big of a problem anymore, I've got nearly everything I could possibly want. There are a lot of quality apps on the store it just takes a little work to find some. Even though its an older device it runs just as quickly as current devices.

With the 8.1 update you get file manager which puts it on equal footing with android. You can download and save any file and there's an app for just about anything (unzip files, torrent files, PDF, eBook, movie etc.)

Honestly it is a breath of fresh air, and its compact so it fits in your pocket.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about being too old because its still a respectable device. I would choose it over the new 630 and 530 since those are even lower end (and are entering the market at a lower price point)

I would worry about the battery life (smallest battery in the lineup, still OK though, just don't expect 1520-level endurance) and the exclusion of fancy games with the lower amount of RAM.

You have people (like me) picking the 920, which is even older, but its still a solid device.

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I am most likely to go for 620 I am worried how people fall for mere numbers ( e.g.,Moto G ). My friends convince me to buy the Moto G citing higher specs (numbers) though I know the 5MP camera in Lumia 620 and Moto G are not same. I needed a confirmation from you windows guys. I may need more reasons to boast about to my friends who will still think Lumia 620 is bad.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't see how MOTO G has higher specs than Nokia Lumia 620...moto G doesn't have expandable memory just 8/16 GB internal memory, non removable battery and with 1 GB RAM I don't see it running smooth as Lumia 620 does......so I would say choose Nokia Lumia 620

Ray Shum

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
A WP8 device is never too old to buy. I'm buying a 525...though a little bit newer than 620.Android can never be as smooth as WP, by the way, Xiaomi Android OS maybe one of the most smooth UIs of Android, but anyway 620 is a better choice.

Last edited:

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Its not the fastest phone, but it has everything you need.
You can get bigger batteries, or simply a spare battery if its not enough for you. And stop comparing WP and Android specs! Where is the point? Completly differnet systems. WP dont need 1GB (just for few games and very few apps).

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You make a mistake to look at the specs.
The Moto has better specs but runs Android.
Android is know to be a lot heavyer than the WP operatingsystem.
Thats why wp phones dont need to have al those highend specs to give you a good experience.

Glance is nice, but not really necessary, the Nokia camera is good but slower than the in app ( standard ) camera.
Now that Nokia is in the hands of MS i don't think there is going to be much difference
between the Cyan and the regular 8.1 update for other phones and i think the future updates are all going to be the same.
The tipycal nokia apps like Here drive/mapps are also free for download for non-nokia.
So it makes no difference when you choose a Nokia/MS or a Samsung, Huawai and who know what else is on the market.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd go for it. Can't fault my little 620, except for the battery but as has been suggested, you can get more powerful replacement ones. Mine's currently sat on the GDR1 preview and it's running fine. Another advantage over the 52x phones is that it also has NFC if you have stuff for that - the 625 doesn't, but it does gain the FM radio instead.

If you want a camera with a flash though, the absolute lowest you can go with is the 620.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes