I enjoyed the Surface Duo, but I love the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
galaxy-fold-3-surface-duo-vs_2.jpg

My favorite phone since the Nokia Lumia 1520.
I am admittedly a phoneaholic. During the Windows Phone days, every upgrade felt significant and palpable. Moving from the HTC 8X to the Lumia 920 to the Lumia 1020 to the Lumia 1520 to the Lumia 950 XL, it was a fun ride. I never really cared much about phones or tech in general until I got on board with Microsoft's Windows 8 vision — a platform where all of your content would move seamlessly between devices, with a single unified design language. Alas, as we all know, 'twas not meant to be.
Like many Windows Phone refugees, I sought the embrace of Android, owing to its increased customizability and its (at least theoretically) more open platform. The ability to customize the hell out of my Samsung devices has kept me locked to their platform ever since, and the deal has only gotten sweeter in recent times, owing to beefy support from Microsoft. The "Your Phone" Windows 10 connection performs incredibly well on the Samsung Galaxy line, thanks to full OS integration. It's easier to swap all the defaults on Android to Microsoft services too, ditching Samsung's launcher for the cleaner Microsoft Launcher, alongside Microsoft Swiftkey, OneDrive for cloud storage, Outlook for email, and so on. Samsung even dabbles with inking support, something I've always enjoyed on Surface.
I've been using Samsung's Galaxy Note line for the past few years, as I found it most closely mimicked my all-time favorite phone, the Lumia 1520. Huge screens, beefy battery life, and powerful cameras, complete with heavy integration with Microsoft's services. I have, however, recently discovered a new love, that will change my phone habits maybe forever.
I dabbled with the Surface Duo this past summer, and I enjoyed my time with it. But it wasn't until I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 that I truly fell in love with foldables.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos